Chapter 11 Back to School

Your Pov

I put on my school uniform and headed downstairs to the Gryffindor dorm. I walk down the hall's of Hogwarts seeing new students coming in. "Y/N," I turn around to see Ginny with the new students. I waved over to Ginny until I felt somebody grabbing my arm.

"Come on Y/N we have to go before the new student's come to the dining hall," Hermione said grabbing me by the arm. "Ok," I said waving bye to Ginny and walk in the dining hall to find Harry and Ron missing.

"Where's Harry and Ron," I asked Hermione. Hermione shrugged "Don't know they weren't on the train," Hermione explained. I nodded my head and took a seat next to Hermione "Wonder where they are," I said.

Soon Fred and Geroge took their seats. "Fred, Geroge have you seen your brother or Harry," I asked curiously. "No," They both answered. I sat little back thinking where they could be "Attention," Aunt Minerva said catching all of our attention.

___________________________________ 

I was next to Hermione but also across from Draco and his friends in the Greenhouse when Aunt Sprout came in. "Good Morning, everyone," Aunt Sprout said I turn around so did everybody else "Good morning Professor Sprout," Everybody said.

"Welcome to Greenhouse there second years. Gather around everyone," Aunt Sprout said getting all of us together. "Today we're going to re-pot Mandrakes. Who here can tell me the properties of the mandrake root," Anut Sprout asked the class.

Hermione raised her hand "Yes Miss Granger," Aunt Sprout pointed to Hermione. "Mandrake or Mandragora is used to return those who have been petrified from their original state it's also dangourse. The Mandrakes cry is fatal to anyone who hears it," Hermione explained.

"Excellent. Ten points to Gryffindor," Aunt Sprout said which made Harry and Ron happy. "As Our Mandrakes are still only seedlings their cries won't kill you yet. But knock you out for hours, which is why I have given you earmuffs for auditory protection," Aunt Sprout said.

"So could you please put them on right away quickly," Aunt Sprout said I put on my earmuffs along with everybody else in the class. "You grasp your mandrake firmly. You pull it sharply out of the pot," Aunt Sprout said taking the mandrake out it had a sharp high pitch scream.

"Got it? Now you dunk it down into the other pot and pour a little sprinkling of soil to keep him warm," Aunt Sprout said showing an example until Neville fainted. Aunt Sprout saw and sigh "Longbottom's been neglecting his earmuffs," Aunt Sprout said.

Draco and his friends smirk "No ma'am he's just fainted," One of the boys said. "Yes, well just leave him there," Aunt Sprout said. I look over to see Nevile on the floor "Right on we go. Plenty of pots to go around. Grasp your mandrake and pull it up," Aunt Sprout said.

I pull up the mandrake I quickly put it in the other pot. I look over to see Draco stick his finger in the mandrake mouth its bite on his finger Draco pulled his finger away and put the mandrake in the pot I couldn't help but laugh a bit.

Draco looked over and saw me laughing a bit I swear I saw him blushing.

________________________________

During lunch Ron started to wrap his wand with tape he stopped and sighs "Say it I'm doomed," Ron said to Harry starting at his broken wand. Harry looked at Ron and sighs "Your doomed," Harry said. "Hi Harry," Before I could turn around a flash of light hit us.

"Hi, I'm Colin Creevey. I'm in Gryffindor too," Colin said happily. "Oh hi Colin nice to meet you," Harry said. "Ron is that your owl," Dean said we all look up to see Ron's owl flying in but crash into the potato chips. "Bloody birds a menace," Ron said in horror taking the letter out of the owl's mouth.