Chapter 13

I opened my eyes. Omer was pacing back and forth. I sat up. I groaned at the pounding on my head. Rubbing my temples to soothe the headache grabbed his attention.

"Come here." He sat next to me and held me close to him. The questions lingered in the air, but I wasn't necessarily open to talking right now.

"Im fine." I whispered more to convince myself than him.

Andrea walked in with a tray. Pulling away from his arms, I took the pill and glass of water. "Here you go." I nodded my thanks downing it all.  Once I found my voice, I spoke. "Andrea, call human resources to hire two guards. I want them outside my office from the moment I enter the building to the moment I leave. I don't want him coming in here ever again. Also add all Blairs, except Charles, clear  restriction from entering the building."

"I'll get that done right away. Anything else?"

I shook my head and she made her exit, shutting the door behind her. I took a quick glance at Omer. He was staring at me. I couldn't tell what he thinking, but I knew he was away with his thoughts.

"So, I'm guessing you came for the pregnancy news that spread like wild fire, right?" He ignored me. I knew he didn't care for that topic at the moment, but I continued anyways. "Okay. So yes, I started it. Don't worry a statement is going to be publish within the next couple of hours. We just needed a distraction from yesterday's fiasco." I got only silence. I stood up quickly fixing my blazer top. "I have rehearsals for the fashion show tonight."

I scrambled behind my desk for my purse. I was walking past him when I felt him grab my hand as he stood up, towering over me. He put a strand of hair behind my ear and leaned in, kissing me. Before I had time to respond he pulled away. He leaned in and whispered in my ear, "this conversation isn't over."

I stayed silent as I left the office. My silence remained when I drove. I know the last thing I want to talk to Omer about is Charles because Charles leads to Adam. And I'm not anywhere ready to talk about any of it. I have a goal to reach by taking all the Blairs down one by one. I continue to wait for Vania to make a mistake, but she hasn't and eventually she will. Once everything feels right again, I'll finally be able to move on. In reality that's all I'll ever want.

Rehearsals is just as expected. Boring. Zana is all over the place trying to make everything perfect while continuing  to yell and scream at every imperfection. I can see why they call her Cruella de Veil of fashion. We both knew tommorow was going to be a hit. I don't understand her need to be stressed. I grab a shot of patron from the bar and made my way towards her.

"What did I say?! I want slow transitions from fading to flashing. You're the light director do your job! Why am I surrounded by complete Idiots!" She threw her hands up   as the guy ran away from her.

I chuckled at her mannerism. "Here, Zana. You need this more than I do."

She took the shot without hesitation. "Gosh, I hate patron." She made a face.

"You need to relax. Everything will be perfect tommorow."

"I know that." She rubbed her temples frustrated. "Anyways, have you decided about moving to Milan, yet?"

"No. I'm not ready yet."

"I thought you said that's what you wanted. I mean you're building an office there."

"Yes, but that isn't going to be finished anytime soon and until it is I rather not tell anyone about my plans of extension just yet. "

" You did tell Omer though, right?"

"No."

"Don't you think he should know? I mean you're going to have to find yourselves a home there. Might want to get started on that." I had no intention of telling her that Omer will not be moving with me. As far as everyone knows, this marriage is real. "Milan is just wonderful. I love every mintue of it. You will too."