Chapter 39

Lorenzo

I was scrolling through instagram when I came across a video of Riley and Raven singing. Shaderoom had posted it. The relationship those two had was everything. I love the way they interacted with one another. I quickly like the video and headed to the comment section to leave a comment. I left a 💙 and read through the comments. It was mostly ppl showing love and of course you had some haters. I just exited out the app. A lot of ppl still didn't know that me and Riley had history and I didn't want my business out there.

"Lorenzo what you going to do?" Lance asked me.

"What do you mean?"

"About your mom. This shit is crazy, but at the end of the day it's still your mom."

I rubbed my hand down my face. "Man shit is beyond weird as fuck and I really don't know what to do. I mean we need to figure out who else was apart of this plan. But I'm not killing my mom that's a no go."

"I'm not going to argue with you. This is a horrible spot to be in. As far as the other ppl involved I'm going to say Victoria ass, and one of them butterfly bitches probably lyric"

"You really think that Victoria was involved in this? I think it may be a reach."

"She been sleeping with Damien for years. Had a baby by him. And no one ever knew. Tell me that don't scream snake behavior."

"She not loyal, this we know but does that mean she a kidnapper or a killer"

"Don't put shit pass anyone"

"Let's look into her"

"Already ahead of you." He said passing me a folder. "She a real snake"

I looked into the folder and read the information. "Damn her real name ain't even Victoria. Her real name is Emily Smith." I finished reading the packet and when I saw the birth certificate I couldn't believe my eyes. "Bruh they fucking sisters"

Lance just shook his head. "You still trust this girl"

"I can't even believe this." It was late and I just needed to clear my head. I told lance he could go home and I took a shower and FaceTimed Riley.

"Hello"

"I miss y'all. What y'all doing"

"The kids went out with your sisters. You know when they are around I can't never have the kids to myself. We went to the beach today. I'm just laying here overthinking shit I guess"

"What's on your mind"

"Trust me you don't wanna know. What's up with you?"

"Just trying to figure this shit out. It's a sticky situation"

Riley just nodded her head.

"I really don't know who to trust. Everybody has switched up on me. Like what have I done to people to make them say fuck me."

"People envy you, just for being you. You a real genuine person and the fact that people switched up on you shows their character not yours. Don't allow anyone to change who you are."

"I'm just so sick of crying and being hurt. I'm so sick of being scared. I know I put on this tough act but I'm scared, and if we being honest I'm waiting on you to switch up too"

"You don't ever have to worry about that."

"You think I'm stupid. This is your mom. The lady who birthed you. There ain't no way you gone pick us over her and"

"Riley the triplets come first. I'll protect them from anyone. I need you to understand that. I'm not going to kill my mom, but I'm not going to allow her to hurt my family.

She just stared at me and we sat in silence before she opened her mouth again only to close it.

"Lorenzo. I just. If anything happen to me don't let my kids forget me okay. I just have a bad feeling. This whole thing isn't going to end well."

"Don't think that way Riley. But I promise they will never ever forget you. I put that on my life."

We talked about her day and she told me how she finally talked to her manager today. I told her about my day. I didn't tell her about Victoria tho. She had enough on her plate and I couldn't add to it just yet. I got off the phone and I was just about to go to sleep until I heard the doorbell ring.

"Girl what do you want"

"We need to talk"

"I'm sure we do Victoria. Or should I say Emily"

"How do you know my name"

"It's called research. Come in."

She walked in and took a seat. "I'm assuming you know everything"

"Not everything. So enlighten me. Why are you here?"

"I have to talk to Riley. She not answering any of my calls and she's in danger."

"She been in danger"

"I know"

"Why do you dislike her so much?"

"I don't hate her. That's like my sister. I would never hurt her"

" that is your sister. Same dad. Tell me another lie." The color drained from her face.

"As you know our father died when we were young. He was having an affair with my mom. My mom didn't know he was married. When he found out his wife was pregnant he ended things with my mom and said it was a mistake. My mom never told him that she was pregnant. As I got older I wanted to know him. But he was already gone. So I had my mama enroll me in the school that Riley and Ryan went to. I purposely got close to Riley. We became best friends. Which was all I wanted. We was down for each other. She was nice, real and had a good heart. She wasn't what I was used to. Riley would come over and one day she met my mom and my mom knew who she was without me ever telling her. My mom said that she would switch up on me. That she was faking. My mom told me to stop fucking with her and I didn't. Then you came along. She knew I liked you. I had the biggest crush on you. And yet she went with you anyway. It was like everything I wanted she took from me. I wanted to be dance captain she took that. I wanted to win homecoming queen. She took that. Everything that was meant for me she took. So I started playing dirty. I told your mom that she was cheating on you. Of course she was going to believe me. I was Riley best friend. I also told your mom that she was faking the pregnancy and that she wasn't pregnant for real. She was faking to get you back. I started fucking Damien. I had his baby. I was in a whole relationship with him. Been in this relationship with him. Still in a relationship with him. I fucked her club up. And I ruined her chance of getting on that tour. And I'm not done yet. She is going to feel every betrayal I felt.

"You're jealous of Riley. You are sad. All because I wanted to be with Riley. Victoria I really don't think she knew you liked me. As far as everything else she was voted those things. Who the fuck carries high school beef into adulthood. What is wrong with you."

"A lot. Look I came over her for a reason."

"And that is"

"I really am sorry. I just had to do what I had to do"

Next thing I knew something was placed on my mouth and before I passed out. All I heard was Victoria saying sorry