Chapter 16

||Adriana's POV||

"Be good okay?" I kiss Joaquín on the forehead. "I'll try." He laughs and runs upstairs to Ms.Smiths apartment.

When I get back to the room, I began to clean up the apartment to get ready for Gabriel to come over. Mrs.Smith said it was okay for Joaquín to come to her apartment for the weekend so he could spend some more time with practically his only friend, Lucas.

Joaquín's words keep echoing in my head over and over again. "I don't want to be that weird kid because I've never been to a real school. I don't want want to be that one kid who doesn't know and classroom rules. I just want to be normal and I want to start being normal now."

I know this is partially my fault after all. I didn't want to put him in a public school because of how old I was at the time. I couldn't risk the school calling someone and separating me from my brother. Now since I'm of age and legally allowed to be his guardian, the whole public school thing wouldn't be that bad, right?

With me dropping out at only 13, I learned most on the Internet when I had time. Lets be for real, do I really need to know what "mx+b" is or read some random story? No.

The knock on the door knocked me out of my thoughts. I forgot that I was even cleaning up.

"Coming." I yell across the room turning off the vacuum.

"Gabriel what are you doing here so early? I thought we discussed 3PM." I raise a brow and block the pathway so he won't see the messy room.

"I know but I couldn't wait any longer to see your face. I missed it, I missed you." He said revealing some beautiful red roses.

"These are for you boo." He said while passing them to me.

My stomach is flipping in every direction. I truly think he's the only person who can give me this feeling.

"I've missed you too and thank you, I love these." I take the flowers and smell them.

"They smell like vanilla." I take  a sniff at the soothing scent.

"I'm glad you like them. I didn't want to get somebody too overpowering. Everyone appreciates a vanilla scent." His laugh fills the area and I join. He had one of those laughs that's funnier than the joke.

"Come in, it's freezing." I open the door wider so he can slip through.

"Did I interrupt your cleaning session?" He chuckles scanning the area.

"Is it that noticeable?" I playfully roll my eyes.

"You can just take a seat on the couch until I'm done cleaning, I shouldn't be much longer." I push his back towards the living room.

"I'd rather help you clean." He turns to face me.

I practically choke. Who offers to clean.

"Okay, dishes or vacuum?" I hold up a sponge and vacuum tube.

"Hmm, enie meanie minie moe, catch a tiger by its t-" I cut him off.

"Vacuum it is." I pass him the vacuum and head over to the sink.

"Can I turn some music on?" He asks, dangling the remote in his hand.

"Yeah sure get comfortable." I insist and he does just that by taking his shoes off and jackets along with turning the volume up to the song "Fancy" by Iggy Azalea.

"You like this song?" I question while watching him dance around the room vacuuming.

"Yes, I love it. Don't tell anyone though." He shouts over the vacuum and music.

"I love this song too." I smile and begin singing along with him.

"𝑰'𝒎 𝒔𝒐 𝒇𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒚, 𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒍𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒅𝒚 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘. 𝑰'𝒎 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒇𝒂𝒔𝒕 𝒍𝒂𝒏𝒆
𝑭𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝑳.𝑨. 𝒕𝒐 𝑻𝒐𝒌𝒚𝒐. 𝑰'𝒎 𝒔𝒐 𝒇𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒚, 𝑪𝒂𝒏'𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒕𝒂𝒔𝒕𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒈𝒐𝒍𝒅
𝑹𝒆𝒎𝒆𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓 𝒎𝒚 𝒏𝒂𝒎𝒆, '𝒃𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒍𝒐𝒘"

——————————————
"Finally" we say unison plopping onto the couch.

"What movie do you want to watch?" I ask him turning off the music.

"Hmm, how about a scary movie?" He ask me.

"Sure, what's your favorite scary movie." I question flicking through the guide.

"I love Saw, what about you?" He says.

"My favorite would have to be Michael Myers for sure. He's way scarier" I teased.

"You may be right but saw storyline is way better honestly."

"Fine lets watch both."

"Deal."

——————————————

"This movie is putting me to sleep." He groans.

"Let's take a nap then because I'm getting sleepy too." I say facing him.

He wraps his arm around me and I fall asleep inside his arms.
I love this feeling of comfort, protection. It's a good feeling to have and I never want it disappear.

——————————————
This chapter was chillin I guess lol the next chapter will be a follow up. Like Comment and Share. Byeeee
Word count: 802
- Ro❤️