Chapter 1

Today at school, the girls were obsessing about how some singer was going to be on the Ed Sullivan show tonight. I think they said his name was Elvis or something. I had never heard of him before so I didn't pay attention to them.
When I got home my mama was making my brother a snack, he was sitting at the table reading the newspaper.
    Mama looked up just as I was walked into the kitchen. "Lily honey, can you please make some tea for your brother? He doesn't feel good and I have to keep my eye on the soup." She said. Daniel, my older brother, smiled slightly and waved. I rolled my eyes and grabbed the kettle.
"He probably caught something from that girl he was with last night." I mumbled. Daniel threw a pencil from off the table at me.
"Lily stop it, that girl was very sweet, and will you stop with the mumbling, you know I can't stand it." Mama said, I rolled my eyes.
"Yes mamma" I said clearly, as my twin and younger brother walked in the kitchen
"Sorry we are late mamma, we walked Marie and Laura home." My twin, Tom, said and kissed her on the cheek.
"It's fine honey, do you boys want some tea or soup?" Mama asked.
"Sure." David, the youngest said. Tom walked over to me and nudged me.
"Hey Lil, where were you? Larry was lookin for ya!"He said wiggling his eyebrows. I slapped his chest and gave him a look.
"Who's Larry?" Mama asked.
"Nobody!" I quickly said eying my brother.
"He's the captain of the football team and the student council president, and he's got a thing for our little Lily." Tom laughed, I rolled my eyes. Why do my brother's have to be so annoying?
" Wait Larry Thompson?" Mama asked. "I just saw his Mother at the store, Lily he is very cute. His mom says that colleges all over the country are interested in him." Mama beamed.
" I know mama that's why I walked myself home. Once we graduate in a few months, he will attend some amazing college and I don't want to be his little housewife." I mumbled again.
"Lily enough with the mumbling, I don't even know what you just said." Mama said angrily.
" Nothin never mind." I said. She was about to say something else but Daddy walked in and saved me from being yelling at.
🎸 Later 🎸
After dinner we all sat in the living room and watched tv. Daddy turned to Ed Sullivan just as he introduced Elvis Presley. The cameras panned over to a man holding a guitar, he had dark greased black hair and was wearing a suit. He was actually very handsome. He started to sing, his voice was really good. Then he started dancing around, but it wasn't how people normally danced, he was shaking his hips around. "What the hell is that boy doin? He does know he is on tv, right? Lily change the channel." Daddy ordered. I didn't want to change it, I kind of liked him.
" oh daddy come on give him a chance, his voice is nice." I said
"Ooo daddy I think our little Lily might actually like this rascal, with his greased hair and devil hips." David laughed. I was about to argue but mama interrupted me.
"Now Davis that's not true, Lily likes good, sweet boys with a good future, not some boy with a guitar. Now Lily change the channel." Mamma said, I knew better than to argue so I got up, sighed and changed from the cute singer.
"Well I'm goin to go up to my room and finish sewing my choir dress. Goodnight mama, daddy, boys." I hugged all of them and went up to my room. As I was sewing my dress I found myself humming the song that Elvis was singing. He was just so cute and I couldn't get his voice out of my head. I don't mind the way he was dancing, it was nice to see someone trying to change the way music is.

......................................................................................
Author's Note: Thank you so much for reading, this is my first story, so sorry if it sucks