XIV

M

M

Waking up groggily, I was confused about my surroundings until I remembered what happened the day before.

The last thing I remembered was falling asleep next to Damien but I figured he must've carried me to my room afterwards.

Slipping out of bed, I went to freshen up before making my way downstairs. The scent of breakfast cooking wafted in the air and after entering the kitchen, I spotted Damien setting two plates on the island counter.

"Morning." He greeted me, his morning voice had my knees almost giving way.

"Morning." I smiled, sitting at the island. He slid my plate towards me and I thanked him.

"Did you sleep well?" He asked.

"I did, thanks to you. What about you?"

"Anytime and I did too." He mused. "Tea? Coffee?" He asked and I replied with the fore.

"With sugar, please." I added and he hummed in response. I bit down on my bottom lip as I eyed him after he turned his back. His muscles were relaxed and his physique was just as immaculate as it was yesterday.

The sun from the open curtained windows hit him just right and I was in absolute awe. When he turned around to face me again, I lowered my gaze to my plate.

"Eat, I'm taking you out after this." Damien said, rounding the counter to stand by me. He placed the hot mug of tea beside my plate, resting his arm on the countertop.

"You still want to take me out?" I looked over at him and he nodded. "—with everything going on?" I trailed off.

"I said I would and I'm a man of my word." He leaned closer to me, closing the distance between us making my heart race and my stomach flutter all over again. "Taking you out will take your mind off what's going on. At least let me do that?"

I couldn't help but to think back to our kiss last night, the thought making my cheeks grow warm and my stomach flutter more.

His dark eyes zeroed in on my lips before flickering to meet my hazy stare. He hesitantly leaned closer, pausing just inches away from me before closing the gap and consuming me whole. How he captured my lips immediately in a kiss that had my mind filled with thoughts of only him.

I melted into him, my hands moving to his chest before lifting them up to wrap loosely around his broad shoulders.

I let out a satisfied mewl of need as he brought me closer, his hands still glued to my hips which he squeezed firmly.

I jumped up slightly, allowing him to hoist me up to wrap my legs around his waist. My hands moved to his hair where I ran my fingers through them, taking every second to memorise the feel of his dishevelled hair.

The image of Melissa flashed in my mind coupled with her accusing words. It made me feel guilty all over again.

Reluctantly pulling away, Damien set me back down on the island stool. I caught my breath, smiling shyly to mask the guilt that I felt inside.