Heartbreak comes in many forms

I'm sure some of you are probably cursing my name right now... Anyway.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Tell me whats going on right now!" Riley demanded as she came out into the hall and closed the door of her apartment. Maya inwardly groaned. This was not the place she wanted to have this conversation.

"It's a long story." Maya told her as she brought her hands up to her face to rub. Riley gave a glare to Farkle who had a blank stare on his face.

"I've got time." She replied with an icy tone. Maya sighed, Farkle clenched his fists, and Riley knew that whatever it had been had been going on for a while.

"Riley I have to tell you something, and you're going to be really angry with me." Maya told her. Riley narrowed her eyebrows. With one more glance up at Farkle, Maya bit her lip and decided to just get it over with. "Josh and I have been sneaking around and seeing each other."

Riley's eyes widened as the news. She looked over at Farkle who just nodded his head in conformation.

"For how long?" She asked.

"Since Halloween." Maya whispered quietly. Riley just stood there shocked, so this is what Maya and Farkle had been hiding from her, what Maya had been so uptight and jumpy about lately.

"How long has Farkle known?" She asked.

"Since Thanksgiving." Farkle's reply came. "And Maya didnt tell me, I figured it out. They both wanted it to remain secret." A look of hurt came across Riley's face.

"You didnt want to tell me?" She asked. Maya shook her head.

"It wasn't that we didnt want you to know, we didnt want anyone to know. In fact, Farkle is the only one that does know. Except for Simon. But like Farkle he figured it out as well." Maya explained. Riley bit her lip in thought. "I swear I didnt mean to hurt you." Maya was now on the brim of tears for a whole new reason. Riley softened a little and let out a small smile.

"I'm not hurt, Maya. I understand why you and Josh wanted to keep it secret for a while. I am a little disappointed that Farkle got to know, and a little ticked that he figured it out and I didnt, but I get it." She told her. Maya smiled as Riley reached out and grabbed her hand. "But I dont understand why you're crying, Isn't it a good thing that both of you have finally come to your senses?" Riley teased. Farkle and Maya shared a look before Farkle turned away from the girls as he locked his jaw again.

"It was, I guess." Maya told her. Riley looked even more concerned now.

"Was?" She questioned. Suddenly Farkle turned back around the face the girls with even more anger placed on his face.

"I saw Josh with Adrianna this morning at a diner just outside of campus. They looked pretty cozy." Farkle stated. Riley looked shock before shaking her head and letting out a chuckle.

"No. Josh would never, especially to you Maya he adores you. He would never want to hurt you like that, and especially not with Adrianna." Maya shook her head.

"Maybe that's why he didnt want to tell me, because he was afraid of hurting me. I'm not saying that he did this intentionally, but sometimes things happen, old sparks flare back up. Look what happened with me and him, I never meant to hurt Simon like that." Maya answered thoughtfully.

"Maya, Josh would never." Riley defended him.

"I know what I saw Riley. I never would have thought Josh either, but I guess people continue to surprise you." Farkle snapped. Riley looked back at Maya.