42 ⸸

Namjoon's POV:

"Those pictures are all fake, mom. Yoongi took them as a joke." I force a laugh in hopes of her buying the story. I really hope she does.

Instead, she gave me a look filled with disappointment.

"Namjoon, this could be bad for your image as a doctor. I know you're old enough to live on your own and manage yourself, son. But don't ruin your life by getting drunk and smoking all of the time. Please."

Great, now my mother thinks that I'm an alcoholic and a smoker.

Just what I needed.

"I only drank coconut water that night, nothing else. My friend, though? Oh, he drank like there was no tomorrow. In fact, I only went with him to make sure he arrived home safely. But I didn't smoke or consume even the smallest sip of alcohol that night, mom."

She believed me after I clarified everything to her, then asked me various other questions like how my day was, if I ate, what I was doing before she arrived, in which I obviously replied with "showering", or "watching TV."

Out of no where, I could hear something fall from upstairs. My eyes widened, as my mother furrowed her eyebrows.

"Son, do you have someone over?" She asked. I didn't know what to reply, but I had to think of something fast.

"No. No, that was just a heavy camera that Yoongi got me the day he moved out. It was like a goodbye gift, in a way. I should go check on it, I'll be back soon. Wait just a minute!" I shout from behind, running up the stairs.

"Don't injure yourself! Walk slower!" I hear my mother should from downstairs as I was about to open the door to my room.

When I entered it, I found out what had really happened.

"Seokjin?" I rush over to Seokjin's side. He was on the floor, struggling to free himself from the bedsheets that were wrapped all over his body, nearly mummifying him.

"How did you do this to yourself?" I was helping him free himself from the heavy quilts, but the man pulled back.

"Don't see me yet. I can handle myself here." He sounds so alarmed. Why are his cheeks so red? What was he doing underneath the bedsheets? How did he even get tangled up in the first place?

"Okay, just be careful and don't hurt yourself." I exit the room, closing the door behind me.

"Is it okay?" I jump at the question.

"The camera? Yeah. It's just the lenses. They're just so big, they fell off and then the whole thing just collapsed to the floor. No big deal, I fixed everything up." My mom looked at me with such a suspicious facial expression, it made me think that she didn't believe me.

She got a phone call from my dad.

"What do you mean you don't find it? Honey, it's on the top shelf of the- Ugh, I'll be right there." She hung up.

"Son, I have to go. Your father tried baking while I wasn't home apparently and now he can't tell what's flour and what's baking soda." She laughed. I laughed along only a second later. I'm still thinking what Seokjin was doing with all of those bedsheets on him and why he insisted on me not helping him. He's up to something, I can feel it...

"Alright, then. Bye mom, good luck with dad." She giggled while kissing my cheek and giving me a hug goodbye.

"I will. Take care of yourself, sweetheart." She left, closing the door behind her. I locked it and went upstairs as fast as I could with anticipation of seeing what Seokjin was doing.

I slowly open the door, and my jaw dropped.

"Good evening, Dr. Kim."

This was going to be a fun night.