Bloodlines

"We're gonna be fine." I whispered, nodding at her as she sobbed from beside me. I looked back at the man to see he was wearing a hood as he slowly knelt down to Elena's window. I watched as his face got as far as his chin before he vamped away from us. Elena let out a heavy sigh of relief before Damon vamped towards us as he took the place of the man and looked at Elena and I through her window. Elena screamed at him, only to shake her head in annoyance.

"How ya doing in there?" Damon asked, eyeing us in confusion.

"Damon?" I asked, sighing in relief at him.

"You look stuck." He pointed out bluntly and Elena groaned back at him.

"It's my seat belt." Elena informed, trying to unbuckle but it was jammed. Damon nodded back at her and stood up before prying her door open and kneeling back down beside her.

"Okay, I'm gonna get you out of here. I need you to put your hands on the roof—just like that." Damon gestured with a nod and Elena did as told. "On the count of three, okay?" He asked and Elena slowly nodded in agreement. "One, two, three." Damon counted before pulling Elena's seat belt, breaking it. Elena caught herself on the roof before Damon helped her out of the car slowly. "You're okay. Anything broken? Can you stand?" Damon asked down at her and she sighed, shaking her head in response before he left her sitting on the road beside the car. "Okay, Mariana. You're turn." He stated, turning back to me before vamping to the passenger side and I groaned, nodding before he shook his head at me. "Your leg—" He started but I cut him off.

"It's broken.. I can feel the blood just like you can smell it." I admitted in some pain as I looked up at it as blood dripped onto the roof of the car.

"I'm gonna need to break it more to get you out—It's stuck between the door and the seat." Damon warned in defeat and I nodded quickly, as I took a few deep breaths.

"Do it." I stated, taking deep breaths. Damon stared at me unsure for a few seconds before he nodded back.

"On the count of three?" Damon asked, furrowing his eyebrows and I nodded at him in agreement. "Okay.. Put your hands on the roof like Elena did." He informed and I reached above me and held my hands steadily against the roof. "Okay.. One, two—" Damon started before he flung the door open and I screamed out in pain, feeling my ankle twist. Damon ripped out my seat belt and pulled me out safely, laying me on the pavement. I groaned from below him as I felt my eyes become droopy. "Mariana? You're fading fast. Mariana—look at me." Damon stated worriedly as I lay in his arms. He tilted my head up to look at him so he could examine me closely. "Mariana?" He asked again, more loudly but I let my eyes close fully.
~~~

I slowly opened my eyes to see the ground moving outside of the window of a car I was in.. I sat up slowly sat up and turned to Damon who was driving. "Morning, sleepyhead." He said with a smile and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Where are we?" I asked, looking out the window in confusion.

"Georgia." Damon answered emotionlessly. I heard a groan from the backseat and I saw Elena who woke up also.

"Georgia? No, no, no we're not. Seriously, Damon. Where are we?" Elena asked, shaking her head at him in disbelief.

"Seriously, we're in Georgia." Damon admitted as he looked at her through the rear view mirror before he looked at me. "How you feeling?" He asked in a soft voice. I rose an eyebrow as I remembered last night before I looked down at my leg and moved it, to see there was nothing wrong with it. It wasn't broken.

"My leg?" I asked in confusion and looked back at him. "Did you give me your blood?" I asked and heard him sigh before looking back at the road.

"You looked like you needed it." Damon answered quietly and I looked back down at it curiously.