■ THIRTY- SEVEN ■

■ THIRTY-SEVEN ■

As I was about to reply, a growl ripped through the air. Richard pushed me back as a wolf sailed between the three of us. I fell to the ground before rolling back and settling into a superhero stance.

"I'm so fucking done with wolves!" Richard yelled before kicking his leg out and kicking the wolf like a football as it lunged at us again.

I watched with wide eyes, as the wolf sailed through the air before landing with a massive yelp and scampering off.

"Come at me, you bloody beasts! I love a good game of footy!" Richard yelled before glaring around.

Mekhi was looking at his Vampire son like he was crazy bending turning to look at me and giving me a hand up. "Are you okay?" He asked, cupping my cheek.

Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Richard pretend puke before turning away. "I'm okay," I replied.

I turned to Richard. "Thanks" I said, giving him a smile.

"Anything for you," he replied before tipping his imaginary hat.

I rolled my eyes before Mekhi brought the conversation back on course. "How far is it to your safe house?" Mekhi asked, as I sighed.

I was sorta glad that we'd skipped over the whole marriage thing, I wanted to say yes but my heart and mind were just conflicted. I wanted time to think about it.

"Not far, but it will be a dangerous road, it's near the east valley," Richard said shrugging.

"Are you insane? I'm not taking my newly turned girlfriend through east valley!" Mekhi half snarled.

"Oh toughen up, princess" Richard said, giving his father a look.

"What's east valley?" I asked, confused.

"It's a club, dedicated to those addicted to vampire venom, it's like a vanpire donation center but instead of being paid with money, you get paid by getting that high feeling when a vamp bite ya," Richard said, looking bored 

"Why's the bad for me?" I asked, looking between the two men.

"Addicts can smell a new vampire from a mile away, the addicts are usually the ones that receive bites more than five times a day and fledgling vampires have a powerful bite," Mekhi spoke up.

"Oh" I said.

"I mean, I have to learn how to control myself as some point," I added, looking at Mekhi.

He sighed. "Even the most ancient of vampires have a hard time saying no to addicts, they get blood for free," He said, opening his eyes and watching me carefully.

"Have you.. ever, you know, been with an addict?" I asked, uncomfortable with asking but wanting to know.

Richard sniggered before walking away.

Mekhi sighed again. "I have, I did it once while I was with Zurie in Paris, it's a.. it's a time I'd rather forget" he said simply.

"I can handle myself and besides, I'll have you and Richard to pull me back if things go wrong," I said gently, taking his hand.

"Okay," he said before frowning.

"I love you," he added quickly.

"I love you too, my Lord" I teased.

"That's a conversation for another time and yes, I am still waiting for your answer, Miss Wright" he said, before giving me a pointed look.

I blushed before he squeezed my hand and turned to his son. "Lead the way," Mekhi said calmly.