Chapter 25: Finals Begin

Dedicated Chapter Song: High Hopes - Panic! At The Disco

Had to have high, high hopes for a living
Shooting for the stars when I couldn't make a killing
Didn't have a dime but I always had a vision
Always had high, high hopes
Had to have high, high hopes for a living
Didn't know how but I always had a feeling
I was gonna be that one in a million
Always had high, high hopes
(Hiromi)

Had to have high, high hopes for a livingShooting for the stars when I couldn't make a killingDidn't have a dime but I always had a visionAlways had high, high hopesHad to have high, high hopes for a livingDidn't know how but I always had a feelin...

Finals. The one thing everyone on Earth absolutely dreads. Except for me, I was excited. Passing U.A.'s finals would grant me access to the special training camp in the woods over the summer. God knows I need the extra training.

Walking out of the locker room to meet my peers was the hardest part. Up until now only Shoto, Iida and Deku had seen me in my hero gear. The gawking stares from everyone as I made my entrance made me more than a little nervous.

"Woah...Oi, Bakugo, did you see, Hiro?" Kirishima gushed, to which Blasty McSplosion only sneered. "Of course I saw her, shitty hair!" Then he proceeded to light off a couple tiny explosions in his hand. 

Deku was the first to actually approach me. "You nervous?" He asked, and I nodded.

"Given what we've been through...how couldn't I be?" I sigh. "Plus, they'll be pairing us off. There's an odd number of students, so given my chances I'll either be placed with someone I'm incompatible with or I'll be alone."

Our attention was distracted when Mr. Aizawa called us over and announced to us that we would be facing off against Pro Heroes, our teachers, in the finals exam. But there was a catch. There happened to be a pro in the line that I knew for a fact wasn't a teacher.

Todoroki and I both shared the same expression.  "What is he doing here?!"

Endeavor stared me down specifically. Then I realized the catch. We would be paired off with either a student we had a certain relationship with or a pro hero we had difficulty facing. It wasn't long before I realized my fate and it was confirmed; I alone would be facing Endeavor.

Aizawa was the first to speak. "I've no doubt you all learned what information you could of the test beforehand," he says. "So I think you already hold a vague notion of what you are to do..." I swallowed down the lump in my throat and prepared for the worst.

Denki and Mina began to laugh and guffaw. "Sure, just like the entrance exam, it'll be like a musou game, only with robots!" Denki exclaimed. "I can just see the fireworks! The curry! The dare sessions-!!" Mina tried to say, only to be interrupted by principal Nezu popping out of Aizawa-sensei's scarf.

"Sorry, I'm afraid not!" he cheerfully jeers. "Due to various reasons, we're changing the contents of the test, starting today!"

"Principal Nezu..." said Yaomomo. "What do you mean?"