Part 35

Chapter 35

" Why do we have Kai's stuff in our room ?" Arvi asked as she spotted Ray in the cafeteria. " oh I wanted the room next to Mariah so... do you mind ?"Ray asked innocently. " oh.. Nah it's fine but what will you tell Kai, won't he be mad knowing your reason ?" She asked thinking " oh I already handled him well, don't worry." he said patting her shoulder trying hard to hide his laugh.

"Did it work?" Mariah asked Ray as she spotted him. " obviously it did, but this dumb duo seriously..." Ray said, shaking his head to which Mariah giggled. " I think they are cute. " She said as she looked at Ray. " and what are we ?" he said, raising his brow making Mariah blush. "Ahm..ahm.." someone coughed in the background " Lee!!" Ray said embarrassed as he moved away from Mariah. " oh you remember me I thought you forgot the rest of us!" Lee said teasing him further. "He obviously doesn't care about us but only her." Kevin pouted "Okay don't tease them anymore, Ray I know about Mariah and you and that we all are friends but we are here now, the championship is going to start soon so... I don't think even Kai will be willing to see us mingling anymore." Lee said seriously. " oh yes I know, I will keep that in my mind and yeah guys train harder it will be no fun to win if you guys don't put up a nice competition." Ray chuckled "oh we will just see who will get the championship this time." Lee smirked at him as they shared a friendly laugh.

"Here are the schedules, Tyson you especially please just memorize the timings." Arvi said as she handed them the schedules of the tournament. " so many teams this time!!" Ray said as he went through the pages. " yeah, we have the new format this time there are 16 teams divided into 4 groups the top 2 of each group are going to be sent forward and after that, it will be the knockouts, 4 of 8 and then the FINALS." Arvi explained, " what about our practice session, you got our bey stand booked already?" Kai asked, rubbing his temple. " obviously, it's the main hall 2 stand 5 guys keep your id's with you always like ALWAYS." she said handing them the id's "Don't they know us." Tyson rolled his eyes just to receive glares from Arvi and Kai . " okay now sleep, I want each and every one of you in the practice session sharp 6." Kai said clapping his hands to which everyone hurried to their rooms leaving behind Arvi and Kai " We got this." Arvi smiled at him to which he nodded.

" Are you asleep ?" Kai whispered. "Nope!" Arvi said as she turned on her bed to face him. "Having troubles in sleeping again ?" she asked as he didn't say anything. "No." Kai said as he sat on his bed. " I wanted to ask you something, that day you said you stopped roaming around in night because I asked you to?" Arvi said as she played with her fingers unable to frame her words " yeah, I did. You are our Manager I need to co-operate with you don't I ?" He said ruffling his hair " oh yeah, obviously thank you captain, so how do you sleep nowadays? like how you get your peace of mind now? " She asked after a while " aa... I don't know." Kai said as he turned away because there was no way he could tell her that it was her peaceful slumber that gave him his peace. " if you keep on staring at me like that how am I supposed to sleep? We have training session at 6, just sleep will you ?" he said as he could feel Arvi looking at him, to which she just shook her head and closed her eyes.