Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Kayla's eyes slowly opened, she blinked and groaned slightly as she tried to move. She couldn't make out anything, as it was pitch black in the room she was in. She could feel ropes wrapped around her wrists, ankles, and waist. "Hello?" she called out hoarsely.

"Kayla, darling, are you alright?" someone yelled out franticly. Her head slowly moved in the direction of the voice, it was like her muscles had been doused in a sticky substance and were refusing to move like the should.

"Kol?" she called out softly. Fear was pumping through her veins, but she could feel another emotion rising, one that was not her own.

"It's me darling." he said, his voice filled with something similar to relief.

Kayla sighed and moved against the ropes that bound her, "Do you know where we are?"

"I- " Kol went to answer her, but suddenly a bright light filled the room they were in. Kayla's eyes landed on the strange man she had met on the beach. Fury filled her veins as she realized that this was the man who had kidnapped her and her soulmate.

"Good morning sleeping beauties!" his voice rang out into the room like a chirping bird, but it sounded like nails on a chalkboard to Kayla.

"Scar." she growled lowly. Like a rubber band snapping, she could feel movement coming back into her muscles. She was filled with a new determination. "Where are we and what do you want with us?"

Scar walked over to her and placed his hand on her cheek, "Patience, love, all will be revealed in time."

"Get your hands off of her." Kol growled from the other side of the room. He was also bound in an abundance of ropes. He was pulling against them as hard as he could, but he felt weakened due to the vervain.

"Now, now Kol, I'm not going to harm her yet. There's no need to get so worked up." Scar said as he lazily trailed a finger down the side of Kayla's face.

"What is up with this man touching my face?" she asked herself as she rolled her eyes.

"Let me tell you a little story." Scar said as he finally stepped away from the brunette girl. "Once upon a ti-"

"Get to the point already." Kayla snapped, a glare painting her face.

Scar gave her a pointed look and walked over to Kol, he took a stake out of his coat pocket and put it above Kol's heart. "If you don't let me continue, I'm going to kill your little boyfriend over here and you and I will get to know each other better."

At this point, Kol looked like a rabid dog. His eyes were filled with pure hate towards the man in front of him. "You do that and the second I get out of here I will murder you very very slowly."

Scar unconsciously took a step back, trying to get away from the murderous man. "Okay so maybe that won't happen." he mumbled quietly. "Anyways!" he began again, the pep in his step suddenly coming back. "Have you guys remembered who you are yet?"

Kayla took a deep breath, "I'm the daughter of Persephone and Hades."

The man stopped, and just stared at her for a moment, his mouth dropping in disbelief. For a moment everything was quiet and Kayla's face began to turn to a shade of dark red as she realized she might've been wrong. A booming laughter came out of the man who had kidnapped them.

Kayla opened her mouth to speak but the man just kept laughing. "Y-y-you think," more laughter interrupted Scar from completing his sentence. Finally when he sobered up, he looked at Kol and said, "Is this girl serious?"

Kol just glared, refusing to answer his kidnapper. He was actually quite curious to know what was going on. He was positive Kayla was the god and goddess' daughter, how could he possibly have gotten this wrong.

"I'm sorry, Kayla, but you've been misinformed." Scar said as he turned to look at her. "You're not the daughter of Persephone and Hades." he said, another laugh coming out. "In fact, you are Persephone."

It was Kayla's turn to laugh in disbelief. "There's no way." she proclaimed, her eyes glancing over to Kol to see his reaction. She didn't believe that she was a goddess. It wasn't possible, she was born as a baby and had grown up all her life without even thinking about the existence of gods and goddess'.

Scar didn't get a chance to answer her because a woman opened the door to the room they were on, interrupting their conversation. "Code 51." she said without hesitation.

Scar walked to the door, glancing back at the two lovers for a moment, "I'll be back later to explain." he said, and then he left. Leaving Kayla lost in her thoughts, and Kol silently fuming in his anger.

"Kol," she said softly, trying to hold in her tears, she was suddenly feeling very vulnerable. "Could what he be saying be true?" she asked, her voice hitching.

"No." Kol said sharply, determination sat on his face, "Because if it's true then that means you belong to Hades, and you belong to me." a low growl came out of his throat. He started pulling on the ropes again, this time he didn't stop struggling, not even when he started to bleed.

Suddenly the ropes snapped, and Kol flashed to Kayla. He untied the ropes that were holding her down, hissing softly in pain as the vervain burned his hands.

"Let's go." he growled as he helped her stand. He took a small breath and then picked her up bridal style, "We're going to get answers, but first we need to get out of here."

He used his vampire speed to get out of the room. He started searching for an exit as sirens began blaring. It seemed like they were in some sort of federal building. Finally he found an exit just as a group of people started to gain on them, bullets were firing as Kol raced away with Kayla still in his arms.

༚༅༚˳✿˳༚༅༚

authors note : so glad i was able to give you guys this update. i have an idea for how i want this book to go, but i would like to know would you guys think of it !

please leave a comment and let me know your thoughts, i love hearing from you guys