The Occult Research Club

Chapter 1

"So...you are my host?" 

...

"Hmm, your figure is yet to leave an impression, however this fire of yours is...remarkable."

...

"Y/N L/N...quite the name might I say. Nonetheless, you my friend harness a power unlike any other."

...

"A power, that once mastered, can defy the will of the Gods."

... 

"I haven't much time left since you're waking up. So, I'll leave you one final message before departure..."

"Praise the Sun."

 <Kuoh / Your Apartment / 6:27 AM>

As the strange voice in Y/N's head slowly faded away, the boy's eyes steadily rose from their slumber.

The boy jerked up awkwardly and brushed his eyes, aiming to settle his vision. After the strain in his orbs began to wear off, he scanned the contents in the room and realized he was back in his apartment. 

Not in some woodland or morgue but instead back home, in bed. 

The windows had been open the whole time, allowing the cool morning air as well as light to breach innards and towards the bed. The sun's rays captured Y/N's figure, leaving the boy in a sheet of warmth.

"So it was only a dream..." He whispered to himself as he leaned over the bed and planted himself on the side, taking a second to reflect on what happened. Questions of what happened last night occupied his mind. Could the events that transpired last night be true? Or was it all some sick dream?

"Why do I have the most weirdest dreams," Y/N snickered, choosing the latter as the result, "C'mon, Fallen Angels? Yeah right."

Y/N hazily stood from the bed, his body quickly shifting into a chain of stretches, aiming to clear any stiffened spots that plagued his body. He looked over to his clock, sitting on top of his dresser just meters away from the bed and realized it was currently six-thirty AM. 

Looking down at the clothes he bedded with, Y/N saw no issue with his sleepwear. He had on a black sleeveless shirt with boxers. Typical clothing. Allowing a sigh to escape his lips, Y/N strolled over to the window and felt the sun's glow in full effect. 

Had the sun always felt so...amazing? Sure, Y/N would notice it's embrace here and there but this time felt different. He felt powerful, as if the sun was a source of battery and he was on the receiving end of it. Something felt off.

He didn't feel like his typical self. His slender, bony self. For some reason, he felt heavier. Like someone had just dropped additional weight on him to carry. Not only that, but he seemed taller than before.

"I'm probably still tired," He asserted, not exactly certain if it was just his mind playing tricks on him. Either way, feeling odd wasn't a good enough excuse to call off school for the day.

Entering his bathroom, the teen wandered over to the sink where he acquired his toothbrush. Squeezing a small-pocket of toothpaste of its juices, Y/N raised the brush to his mouth, where his eyes could finally reach the mirror.