Chapter 11 - Formality

Scott huffs and throws his pillow back on his bed "Call it again."

I shake my head and continue to pace in front of the bed where Stiles is sitting at the end, amused look on his face at our behavior when I continue "It's not here Scott. Now rewind– Peter hinted to you, at our impromptu accident scene, that Jackson was in danger?–" I raise my hands, moving them out in front of me as I go on with recapping what Scott filled us in on "–You then ran to the Hale house and found Derek about to attack Jackson– so you ninja jumped from the stairs into a superhero landing in front of him to protect him–" I hear Stiles chuckle before I see Scott roll his eyes "Yes now wi–"

I hold up a finger  towards his face and push on "BUT before you could fight Derek, someone started shooting at the house and you somehow escaped, mostly unscathed, and wound up at the Vet's office where Deaton was taking care of you–"

Scott huffs, widening his eyes slightly in annoyance as he interrupts me "Addy, yes now–"

I continue my pacing and hand pointing with each statement "AND when you woke up, Peter fucking Hale shows up trying to 'pick you up' like you're a goddamn house pet, but he couldn't make it past the reception counter because of something called a Mountain Ash barrier– that Deaton was using to protect you both with?"

Scott nods and grits out through his clenched teeth "Yes, now will–"

Ignoring his attempt to interrupt me, I stop my pacing and set my hands on my hips fully facing Scott and Stiles "AND then Peter threatened basically every one of us vulnerable non werewolves of your life?"

Scott groans and throws out his hands towards me "YES! Addy will you please call my phone again?"

Hands still on my hips, I squint my eyes in thought my rambling train not done yet "What the hell is Deaton and what the actual fuck is Mountain Ash?"

Scott throws his head back "Ugh Stiles! Will you call my phone again?"

Stiles snorts and rubs a hand over his mouth to hide his smile, clearing his throat he looks from me and over to Scott "It's not here dude. Okay, so you lost your phone. Why don't you just get a new one?"

He raises his hands out to his sides with his suggestion, while Scott drops to the floor to search under his bed again if his werewolf hearing couldn't hear it ring, obviously his eyes can find it

Scott shakes his head, standing up from the floor and goes to the other side of the room "I can't afford a new one– and I can't do this alone. We have to find Derek."

Stiles looks offended, waving his hand in between us as he argues "Well, 'A', you're not alone. You have us. And 'B', didn't you say Derek walked into gunfire? He sounds pretty dead."

I shake my head and sit next to him on the end of the bed "We always think he sounds 'pretty dead' and he always shows back up. I'm never going to believe he's actually gone until I see his body in a morgue for longer than a day."

Scott makes a noise in the back of his throat as he goes to the bathroom door "Plus Argent's plan was to use him to get to the Alpha– they're not gonna kill him."

Stiles ponders that, lifting his shoulders up "All right, so then just let them do what they're planning, you know? They use Derek to get Peter– problem solved."

Scott rushes out of his closet throwing his arm down "Not if Peter's going after Allison to find Derek! I can't protect her on my own. Which means we either find Derek first or– just– just help me!" Scott exclaims, following his desperate plea by throwing a toy basketball at the side of Stiles' face that I try really hard not to laugh at