Fifty One

When Jimin followed Yoongi into detention, he thought they would at least be able to sit together.

"Park, what are you doing?" The man had asked as Jimin chose the seat next to Yoongi. Jimin inwardly swallowed, worries this was a trick question.

"S-sitting down, sir" he said but sounded more uncertain than anything else.

"Well you should sit down over there" the stern man pointed to the furthest seat away from Yoongi, making Jimin frown. He glanced towards his boyfriend who gave him a reassuring smile. He knew Jimin wanted to sit with him but this man wasn't as easy as that, there was nothing they could do about it.

Jimin finally nodded with a small "yes sir" and made his way over to the seat across the room. He sat stiffly in the chair, waiting for his next orders. He had never really been in detention before, he wasn't sure how it worked.

Jimin really hoped they didn't tell his parents about what happened. If his father were to know he supposedly got into a fight, he would not handle it well. His mother wouldn't be too happy either, but at least she'd cope with it better than his dad. Jimin glanced over to the older boy across the room and sees him slumped back against the chair, staring at the blackboard in front of them. Yoongi looked calm and unbothered which made Jimin wonder if he had ever been in this situation before.

"Right, now, both of you" the teacher suddenly spoke, making Jimin jump a little. The man picked up a piece of chalk and stepped forward to the black board. He began writing something down and Jimin read it in his head as he went along. "I want an essay explaining the events of today and what you did wrong" after be finished writing on the board he turned to face them, flashing a small smile. He walked to his desk and grabbed a bunch of lined paper, then giving half to each student. "Then you can write an apology to Ha Sungwoon" he said as he loomed over Yoongi with his arms crossed.

Jimin wanted to object, saying shouldn't Sungwoon should be apologising to him, but he didn't. He didn't want to get into anymore trouble.

After he instructed them with what to do, the teacher sat down at his desk at the corner of the room. He began flicking through papers and moving things from folder to folder.

Jimin  got out his pencil case and pulled out a pen, flicking with it for a bit while he wondered what to write. His eyes kept glancing towards Yoongi who had already started writing. Jimin shifted in his seat and looked over to the teachers desk to realise he's staring straight at him. The man raises his eyebrows and Jimin immediately looks away in embarrassment. So he started to write sentences down on the line paper, anything that came to mind.  It was a bit silly, considering Jimin hadn't really done anything wrong.

After a while, the teacher stands up. "I'll be back in 15 minutes. Keep writing"  With that he walked out of the room, papers underneath his arm.

As soon as the door closes shut, Jimin lifted his head and called his boyfriend. "Hyung, what are you writing" he whined.

Yoongi lifted his head too and turned in seat. "A load of crap, that's what I'm writing"
Jimin can't help but snigger. Yoongi smiled but Jimin didn't get to see much of it as the boy had already turned back to continue on his 'essay'.

As much as he didn't want to disturb Yoongi, Jimin knew it wasn't long before the teacher came back in and they'd have to remain silent for the rest of the hour that was left.

"Hyung, I know this isn't the best time to say it but... I've missed you"

Jimin watched as Yoongi stopped writing and stared at his paper for a moment. There was a pause before yoongis lips curled up into a smile. Then he pulled an empty sheet from underneath and continued to write.