Chapter 36

Chapter 36
A Few Days Later~

Quietly looking back and forth between the panels of different colors, I looked back at Aiden as he was reaching for a light purple.

"What about this color? It's pretty and it's a nice shade." He stated with an excited look on his face as I smiled at him. "I think it would go great for Raigh-lee's room. And this one, would look great for our room." He added while picking up a panel with a darker shade of purple on the front.

"Purple's your favorite color, isn't it?" I inquired as he nodded excitedly before looking back at me with his question clear on his face. "I don't mind if our room is a dark purple. It'll probably stay cooler." I smiled as he kissed my forehead before tucking the papers into his pocket. "For the babies room, why don't we get the colors for the sunset? A nice warm orange blended with some red, purple, and blue with a soft plush carpet for flooring?" I suggested as he looked at me with a big smile on his face before nodding.

We sampled some more colors that would give off a sunset type feel before getting the paint needed for the room. After we were sure of our decision, we made our way over to the flooring department and tested out the variety before adding that to our shopping cart. We spent a majority of the day picking out stuff for the new house at the department store before leaving and heading to my mom's. As we pulled into her driveway, I noticed Noah's car parked a little bit away from my mom's. It's been awhile since I last saw him.

"You okay, love?" Aiden asked while looking over at me as I nodded before getting out of the car. "The furniture should arrive at the house before we move in. Do we need anything else?" He inquired while holding my hand as we walked up the sidewalk to my family's home.

"Raigh-lee's bedroom is included in that too, right?" I asked as he nodded before knocking on the door. "Will it be the old living room set or a new one?" I added on as the door slowly opened to reveal Noah who welcomed us in before closing the door behind us.

"Listen, I need you to tell mom and dad some sort of lie so we can escape. Will you do that for your big brother?" Noah interrupted while attempting to give me puppy eyes. "Pretty please. I want to keep my embarrassment and the baby pictures hidden." He begged as I looked up at Aiden who was trying to contain his laughter.

"What are you talking about? What's going on Noah?" I asked as I could hear laughter from somewhere in the house just as he grabbed my hand and dragged me off towards the kitchen where the laughter grew louder.

"This picture — here — was when Noah and Natalie got in trouble for fighting each other so we made them hug each other until they learned their lesson. The giant shirt was so that they couldn't leave while we weren't paying attention." My mom stated as an unfamiliar voiced awed at the picture before we came around the corner. "Natalie! Come join us!" She ushered as Noah urged me to make an excuse before releasing me. Looking between us sat a short petite girl with a smile on her round dark brown face.

"As fun as that sounds, I really have something important to tell you. I planned on waiting but I might as well do it now while mostly everybody is here." I stated as my mom watched me in anticipation while Noah tried to escape with his new friend before I stopped him. "No, I think you might want to stay." I smiled as he looked down at me in confusion before taking a seat at the table. "I only found this out recently, but I'm pregnant." I announced as my mom and Noah's friend buzzed around me in excitement.

"Oh my! I have to tell your nonna! She's going to be super excited. I might as well call your father too!" My mom buzzed while hurrying out of the kitchen before I could stop her. Smiling after her, I turned back to a shocked Noah.

"I didn't think that you'd drop a bomb like that." He stated while gaping as I smiled at him. "In all of the suddenness, I forgot to introduce you two. Natalie, this is Daisy Williams, my new coworker. Daisy, this is my little sister, Natalie." He waved before going back to being shocked. Turning towards her, I smiled and greeted her as she did the same.

"I've heard a lot about you from Noah! It's great to finally meet you!" I smiled as you could see the surprise clear in her hazel eyes. "He looks mean but he's actually pretty okay and a little thick-skinned when it comes to certain things." I added as she understood what I meant before laughing.

"I thought he didn't like me." She whispered before we looked back at Noah who seemed confused. "Oh! Before I forget, your mom wanted me to give this to you in case she forgot." She stated while picking something up from the table before handing it to me. "She wanted me to tell you that your daughter gave it to her." She added as I looked down at my phone before inspecting it for any damage. It was surprising to see that Raigh-lee hadn't destroyed this one.

"Thank you."

[~~~]

Hello all!

It feels like it's been super long since I lasted updated. I feel rusty with writing again.

Any who, I plan on finishing this book this week so that I can start on my other books and possibly the rest of this series (not sure yet).

I hope you all have had a wonderful week so far! Thank you for reading!

Andrea ♥︎

This chapter is not edited.