They Know

Clarke's POV

I woke up suddenly, propping myself up on my elbows. I scanned the tent until my eyes fell on a pile of clothes in the center of the room. I looked down to see myself completely naked. I laid down on the bed, my eyes staring at the canvas above me. My mind spinning, did we-

"Clarke"

For the first time I turned to see a completely naked Lexa with a huge smile on her face. We did. Suddenly the events of last night washed over me. I looked at Lexa, meeting her eyes. My eyes fell past her eyes to her beautiful full lips and then to her neck. Her skin was blotched with pink and purple.

"Lexa" I tried to suppress a laugh, "Your neck." Her smile curled into a smirk as her eyes scanned my body.

"Clarke, I wouldn't talk."

I looked down at myself, my whole chest was covered with deep purple bruises. "Fuck Lexa!" I threw the fur off of me and saw the same color purple down my stomach, on my hips bones, and my inner thighs. I looked at her in horror.

"You should see your shoulders" She smiled proudly, "and your neck." She extended her fingers to trace the bruises on my neck and jaw line. I jumped up from the bed and ran over to the makeshift mirror leaning against the canvas of the tent.

My neck had at least ten splotches of deep purple, my jaw line was a shade of pink. "Lexa how am I going to hide this?" I tried to bring my hair over my shoulders but it was no use. I heard her weight lift off the bed and footsteps approaching.

She wrapped her arms around my waist, our naked bodies pressing against each other. "You're not going to. Everyone needs to know you belong to me." She brushed my hair off of my shoulders, exposing the purple bruises. "Besides I think the whole village heard you last night."

As she whispered the words into my ear she kissed my neck gently, avoiding the bruises. "Lexa you didn't have to make so many." I pretended to pout, leaning my back against her and looking at her in the mirror.

"You should see your back." She smiled proudly and stepped away from me. I turned quickly to try and see my back in the mirror. Purple marks followed my spine down my back. "Lexa!" I turned to see her starting to put her armor on. I could see red scratch marks on her shoulders and back. I bit my lip remembering the moment I put them their.

I walked up to her and grabbed her wrists so I could see them, claw marks extended down her arms to her wrists. "Did I do that?" I smiled up at her weakly as I brushed my fingers over the marks.

"Of course." She smiled at me, pulling me into her. "I gave you what you wanted, I did promise after all." She let go of me and pulled her furs over her chest. She clipped her shoulder armor into place, her red sash marking her as Commander of her people, not just me.

I turned around and began to search through the pile of clothes. As I got dressed she applied her war paint in the mirror. Once we were both done she embraced me tightly. "Clarke, they will probably stare. I don't want to make you unconformable." She nuzzled her face into the crook of my neck.

"I'm fine Commander" I smiled, "can I call you that in public?" She grabbed my hips and pulled me into her roughly before letting go and walking towards the tent flap.

"If you can control yourself." She smirked at me and winked. Yes, she winked. Great I thought, remembering the gesture raven had taught her.

With that she pushed her way out of the tent, me at her side. The village was wide awake, people walking from tent to tent and sitting around camp fires.

I noticed a man exiting the tent right next to the Commander's tent, he looked like he hadn't slept last night. He glared at me and briefly hesitated before nodding to Lexa. Realization swept through me, he had listened to Lexa and I all night. I felt my face heat up.

Lexa continued walking through the camp with me following close behind. As we cut between tents people stopped to look between the two of us, most of their eyes landing on the bright purple marks on our necks.

"Lexa" I whispered harshly as she continued walking.

"What Clarke?" She turned to look at me briefly.

"They know"

——————————————————————————

I sat at a table across from Lexa who was staring foolishly at the plate of food in front of her. The grounders sitting next to us at the table weren't even trying to hide their curiosity, leaning in to whisper things in each others ears and laughing loudly.

I pulled my shirt up over my neck in an attempt to fight off all the eyes that were glancing between Lexa and I. I caught her gaze and looked at her, wearing my discomfort openly. She lifted her head to see all the grounders around us, plainly staring in our direction.

She shook her head and stood quickly from the table, all the attention turning to her. She glanced around the tables, making eye contact with several people before walking around the table to sit next to me. Her arm wrapped around my waist pulling me into her side.

Murmurs of confusion and then general acceptance filled the space. I sighed and leaned into her, leaning my head on her shoulder.

Lexa suddenly stiffened against me causing me to raise my head from her shoulder. An angry Gustus was walking in our direction, his eyes trained on me. Lexa tightened her grip on my waist protectively.

He sat down across from us and held eye contact with a proud looking Lexa. His gaze shifted to me and then to everyone around us. "Heda, what is going on!" He struggled to keep his voice down, trying to avoid any more unnecessary attention.

"Clarke and I-"

"Lexa!" I nudged her with my elbow giving her a look of disapproval.

"Oh i know, we all know." He made a motion with his hands, gesturing to everyone around us. "Anyone who doesn't know must be blind or a really hard sleeper."

My face flushed red at the thought of everyone in the camp hearing me yell Lexa's name in the middle of the night. I held my head in my hands, this was so embarrassing.

"Gustus, this is none of your concern. You're my subject! They're all my subjects! I will do whatever I please and if I need to reestablish my rule as commander I will make it very clear!" Her fingers tightened around the handle of her dagger under the table. I put my hand on her arm in an attempt to stop her.

Her hand remained under the table, her intense gaze enough to ward Gustus off. "Commander." Her eyes dropped to my lips as the word left my mouth, I smiled making it obvious I caught her. I could see her become flustered and shake her head as if to clear her mind of unwanted thoughts.

"Should I call you Heda instead?"

"You call me Commander Clarke, my subjects call me Heda."

A/N: I love happy Clarke and Lexa :D