Chapter 6 Narnia. My Safe Place.

Edited

"She is our half brother's child." She finally stuttered out.

"We have a half brother? Where is he?" I said, starting to get angry because I couldn't fathom a good reason that anyone would leave this amazing infant.

"He died, um, in a house fire." She said quickly, obviously not liking the subject, "So, I'm Noel's legal guardian now and I'll be taking care of her."

I looked at her sketchily, "Oh, okay..."

I hand Angela the baby and go upstairs. I take off my make up, tie my hair up into a loose bun, and put on some black leggings with a grey sweater.

I lay down on the bed and start watching F.R.I.E.N.D.S on my Netflix that Maverick had set up for me.

I felt my eyelids struggle but, eventually, drop down into limited

I wake up to someone saying dinner is ready.I slowly walked down the stairs and ate dinner.After, which was super uneventful, I took a shower and went back to sleep

The next morning

The next morning, I got up threw on a cropped sweater, ripped jeans, and converse.

Maverick drove me to school, as usual, and after I had gone inside he left and so did I.

I know what you're thinking.Why am I skipping school?Because I want people to leave me alone. I walked towards the mall since I didn't have anything better to do.

I have been at the mall, all day. It's currently 1:52 and I have to start walking back to school now.

----------------------------------------------------------

When I made it back to the school, I saw Maverick and he looked mad. He knows I left school, so I just walked up to him. I mean, there's no point in hiding it.

"Uh, hi," I said awkwardly, cringing back in case his hand tries to make contact with my face.

"Where were you?" He said, oddly calm and eerie. "Well, obviously I wasn't at school." I sassed, even though I probably shouldn't have.

He gritted his teeth and tightened his jaw, "Nichole. I am serious. Where. were. you?"

"I WENT TO NARNIA! Sorry, I didn't invite you." I sass again, dragging it on when I shouldn't have."Next time, I will make sure to invite you." I turn to walk away.

"I DON'T WANT TO GO TO NARNIA! I WANT TO KNOW WHERE YOU REALLY WENT!" He snaps, going slightly red around the ears.

"Well, THAT'S JUST OFFENSIVE TO NARNIA!" I huff, turning around before I snapped on him myself.

I walked away. He just offended my safe place. It sounds weird, but whenever my mom and stepdad would beat me, I would pretend to go to Narnia. I guess I should have just gone to school. I don't see why he cares where I go, he shouldn't care about me. I'm like glass, I'm broken, sometimes fixable, but you can still see the cracks in me.

I ended up walking home locking myself in the bedroom watching tv.