Chapter 35

As I finished my homework, Lucas went into the kitchen. I hadn't realized an hour had passed until I closed my final notebook, done with everything. Lucas had not shown his face in the entire hour, which concerned me.

I stood up and walked into the kitchen, scared of what I might walk into. It looked like a war zone. There was ingredients and pots and pans all of the counter tops as Lucas mixed something in a bowl.

"What in the hell is going on in here?" I asked, looking around.

He looked up at me, a huge smile on his face, "I'm cooking!" He exclaimed.

"I can see that. Apparently, cleaning as you go is a foreign concept to you. It looks like a landfill in here." I said, cleaning off a section of counter before hopping up to sit on it.

He rolled his eyes, "I'm clean when I'm finished. I promise." he said, walking up to me.

I looked down at him as he spread my legs slightly to step in between them, putting his hands on the counter on either side of me, "So what are you cooking?" I asked.

"Lasagna." He said with a smile.

I smiled, "Mmm sounds delicious." I said.

He smirked, "It will be. But get out." he said bluntly. 

I stared at him, "What?" I asked.

"I am cooking for you. You go in the living room and relax. Watch TV or something. I will come and get you when it's ready." He said, grabbing me by the waist and picking me up to gently place me on the floor. 

"I can't believe you're kicking me out." I said, still shocked.

He smiled and kissed me quickly on the lips, "Well believe it princess. Now get out." he said before lightly pushing me towards the exit. 

And with that, I went back in the living room and watched TV. Thirty minutes later Lucas walked into the living room and announced that dinner was ready.

He led me into the kitchen and my eyes first went to the mess that was the counter, but then my attention was directed to the breakfast nook, where Lucas had set up candles and flowers with our dinner beautifully placed. 

I turned to look at him in awe. He looked at me nervously, "Do you like it?" He asked.

I stepped forward and grabbed the back of his neck with my hand to pull him down to me in a kiss. I pulled away and looked into his eyes, "I love it." I whispered and he beamed.

And with that we ate dinner. It was delicious, "So, since when does Hunter  know how to cook?" I asked with a smile as we ate.

He smirked and shrugged, "I think it's fun. And besides, before Clara's favorite person ever came into the picture, I would cook for her a lot." He said.

I smiled before taking another bite, "Hey princess?" He said, making me look up at him.

"Thanks for not quitting when you found out Clara was my sister." He said.

I smirked, "What can I say I like a challenge?" I responded.

Once we'd finished dinner, I started cleaning off the counters and rinsing off dishes. Once we'd cleaned everything Lucas turned to me, "So, I was thinking we could make dessert together?" he asked.