- smiles, starts, and stars -

Sorry it's been forever. I'll be posting more regularly when May ends. So sorry!
Enjoy a little day before the big day

"IF I DON'T SEE THREE teenagers in the kitchen in thirty seconds, Steve and I will be going to our rehearsal dinner alone!" Bucky threatened as he set another plate on the kitchen table, his fiancé - soon to be husband - stifling a laugh as he fol...

"IF I DON'T SEE THREE teenagers in the kitchen in thirty seconds, Steve and I will be going to our rehearsal dinner alone!" Bucky threatened as he set another plate on the kitchen table, his fiancé - soon to be husband - stifling a laugh as he followed behind with a stack of glasses.

Down in the hallway, there was a rumbling and assortment of noises, leading to the simultaneous opening of two doors as Bridgit, Connor, and Elenora rushed out of their rooms, stumbling over each other to meet the deadline Bucky provided.

As she brushed her red hair out of her face, Bridgit announced, "Here, Mister Barnes.  Sorry it took so long."

As he set the last plate, Bucky met Bridgit's eyes and reminded her, "Bucky. And it's alright."  "Right," Bridgit said, as she slipped into a chair next to Elenora, who was still half asleep, squinting at the sunlight glaring in from the windows. 

Out of all three, Connor was for sure the most awake; his eyes widened at the meal in front of him. "I love scrambled eggs," he announced, earning a smile from Steve. 

"Well, eat up," Steve told him. "we've got a long day ahead of us." 

Connor nodded. He didn't have to be told twice. 

Steve spared a glance to his daughter, who was practically falling asleep in her chair.

Cautiously, Bridgit poked her friend's cheek, watching El's face squish up without her even opening her eyes.  Bridgit cocked her head. "Is she usually like this?"

"Yes," Connor confirmed, taking another bite out of his eggs. 

As he tried to mask a laugh, Steve passed the boy a piece of toast which he gladly accepted.

"She'll wake up eventually," Steve excused, giving Bridgit a slice of toast and placing one on Elenora's plate. 

"Unless you guys wanted to-" Bucky started, making Bridgit and Connor perk up in their seats. As they found out from the previous 24 hours, Bucky's ideas were the most entertaining and exciting.

  "I've already given the water guns to Barton," Steve told him, earning groans from all three people at the table. 

"Seriously, Stevie?" Bucky demanded, letting out another sound of disapproval.

"You know that means that Romanoff's gonna get 'em, and then we're all screwed." 

"He'll give them to his kid," Steve guessed, "uh, what's his name?" 

"Cooper," Connor answered immediately. Realizing what he'd done, Connor shoved a forkful of eggs in his mouth in horror. 

Bucky and Bridgit shared a knowing look and suppressed snide comments.