Chapter 12

We just sat staring into each others eyes. Emotions swirled in Lucas' eyes, shades of black slightly twisting among the cobalt blue ocean they usually are.

I could feel the bond pulling taught as we continued to stare. Begging. Pleading. Wishing my body to lean into him and reconnect.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that baby. I didn't mean to push you into something like that so soon."

Always the considerate one. Feeling bad about kissing me because he thought I wasn't ready. He feels bad while I'm over here thinking about doing more than just a soft kiss.

Instead of replying I kiss each of his cheeks. 

Left then right.

"B-baby what are you doing."

The slight tremor in his voice was enough to know he was fighting for control with his wolf, restraining himself from giving into the bond.

"I don't know what your talking about Lucas. Mind elaborating on that question?"

Dang Kenna I didn't know we could talk like that.

That is all you girl! You are coming out of your shell. This is who you are supposed to be. This is the real you. Not the shy timid girl you have been for years.

"Why did you kiss me baby girl? I don't want to make you feel like you have to do that and I most definitely don't want to rush you."

"Will you just kiss me again?"

A look of bewilderment adorned his face from how direct I was being. What can I say? I got a taste and I wanted more. I know what I want so I'm going after it.

"Are you sure princess?"

One nod of the head and Lucas was sold. One hand on my cheek and the other around my waist, pulling me ever closer to him.

The kiss started slow but became more heated and passionate as time continued. He was in charge of the kiss, showing who was the dominate one, and man was it hot.

He nibbled on my bottom lip, causing me to gasp. He took that as his chance and slipped his tongue in to meet mine. They battled for dominance but he obviously won. He explored every part of my mouth until we pulled apart, lungs begging for oxygen.

"That... Was..."

"Perfect? Amazing? Life changing?"

"Yes Lucas, all those things."

It really was perfect. Once we separated he guided my head to rest on his chest. The steady beat of his heart was comforting, making me feel safe and secured.

"Do you still want to go on a run?"

At the mention of a run I jumped up, causing me to lose my balance.

I braced myself for the feeling of my body hitting the ground but it never came. Instead I was wrapped in Lucas' arms, them circled around me, keeping me from falling and injuring myself.

"Thanks."

"Anything to keep my queen safe. Now I'll go see if my sister has clothes that you can borrow, you are close in size."

"Okay."

He gently placed my back on the bed and kissed my forehead before walking out the door.

I wonder if his family will like me?

What if they hate me and make him reject me?

Girl shut up! Stop thinking so negatively about life.