44 ⸸

The man had cut his hand with a razor blade that was lying on the floor. Namjoon placed a bandage around the wound carefully, the man kept staring at him with little concern.

"It's just a little cut, Namjoon." But even though he insisted, the doctor kept on wrapping the bandage around his hand until it was secure enough.

Seokjin dried his hair with a towel as the doctor pondered on his chair. He walked up to him, slowly, and sat down next to him. The doctor looked at Seokjin, but said nothing.

He looked down at his phone, then rubbed his face.

"Is something troubling you, sir?" Seokjin asked.

The doctor nodded. "My job. I have to go back today, but I don't want to leave you here by yourself." Seokjin furrowed his eyebrows.

"Do you not trust me on my own?"

"I do. But the last time I left you by yourself, you had a mental breakdown and I had to run after you in the darkness. Remember?" The man looked down with guilt plastered on his face.

"I regret causing you so much trouble all of the time. Maybe I should just go back."

"Go back where?" The doctor got up, meeting the other man's eyes.

"To the hospital. I don't belong here." He grabbed his mask and put it on then opened the door.

The doctor followed him.

"Stop. I don't want you to leave, that's not what I meant. You don't belong in that place. What they did to you was horrible."

"And what I'm doing to you is worse." The apartment got quiet.

Namjoon didn't want the man to leave him. Just the thought of him going back to that place made Namjoon feel sad and worried.

"I don't want you to leave me. You don't trouble me at all, Seokjin." Seokjin noticed how sad the doctor looked, so he pulled him into an embrace.

"I won't leave you if you don't want me to. But I will leave when you get bored of me, or when I'm more of a burden to you then I already am." The doctor embraced him tighter.

"You could never be a burden to me."

~~~

"I'll be home soon, but here's my number. Please use this phone and call me if anything." Seokjin held the phone Namjoon gave him as he watched him leave.

"Namjoon!" He ran after him, holding a bag up to him.

"What's this?" The doctor asked.

"Lunch. I made you a sandwich while you were upstairs changing." Seokjin's cheeks turned bright red when Namjoon gave him a kiss.

"Thanks, Seokjinnie." The new nickname stuck to his head.

"Huh? Seokjinnie? I like that." Seokjin spoke, as Namjoon left the apartment.

"Goodbye... Joonie."