FORTY-EIGHT

CHAPTER FORTY-EIGHT
( SECOND FIRST DATE )

CHAPTER FORTY-EIGHT( SECOND FIRST DATE )

NICK WAS A BUNDLE of nerves. He felt as if he shouldn't be, because it was just Peter. It was just a date. They used to go on dates all the time. But, this time was different. It was Peter, but it was Peter who seemed to be more focused on being Spider-Man than doing anything else. It was just a date, but also their second first date that was basically a restart of their relationship. He didn't want anything to go wrong and he didn't want to somehow fuck things up.

Nick let out a big sigh as he fell face first on his bed, groaning loudly into the pillow, starting to second guess everything. But he didn't get long to second guess because his phone started going off, vibrating constantly on the bedside table. He quickly sat up, and then answered the call after looked to see who it was.

"Hey, James."

"Nick! You answered, great!" James said in relief.

"Captain Obvious strikes again. What do you want?"

"No need to get an attitude. I just need a favor."

His eyes narrowed some in suspicion. "Tonight?" He asked. Nick then shook his head, letting the suspicion pass by, quickly explaining why he can't help before James told him anything else. "I've got a date, I can't do anything."

"No. No, not tonight- wait. A date?!"

"Yeah. Didn't I tell you earlier this week? It's with Peter."

"Peter?!" James' voice got a bit higher and louder, purely shocked.

"...Guess not."

"Peter fucking Parker?! The kid we did an intervention for you? So you two would get together again? It worked?!"

Nick rolled his eyes. "Shit, calm down. Yes, I guess it worked but none of you really did anything. And do you want help or not? I'd like to freak out in peace until Peter gets here, so hurry up."

"Hey, can I give you some advice?"

"Sure."

"Get in a happier mood before lover boy gets there."

"Fuck off." Nick then put the phone on speaker and set it on his bed as he went back to his opened and messy closet. He looked down at his shirt and quickly pulled it off, deciding that it wasn't the one he wanted to wear.

"You first," James retaliated. "Anyway, Mom's, like, super pregnant – six months or something – right? And Tony's out in another country and me and Mitch are visiting our grandad in New Jersey for a week or so and also visiting a couple of colleges around there. And, like, I know she can take care of herself, being a former S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent and all, but Tony is- he won't stop worrying, so could you or your uncle check up on her a few times starting tomorrow?" He paused. "Tony should be back soon, like a couple days or so, but... Yeah."