1 - PRISON

- f a r r e n

I felt a pinch on my cheek and I stir, annoyed. A few seconds later, I can feel the surface my head's laying on, moving up and down. I groaned, annoyed even more, so I opened my eyes and a glare immediately settles in my features.

"We found a house." Carl told me with a small smile and I nod, not really interested. "I'm going in with dad and the rest."

"Cool." I replied with no enthusiasm or whatever.

Carl gets out of the car with his dad and the rest of the guys, while Hershel and us ladies stay in car. We gather all the stuff, me helping Lori since she's pregant and all.

"How much longer?" I asked Lori, and I didn't have to elaborate on my question because she already knows what it's about.

"A month or so." She replied with a smile similar to Carl's and I nod.

Later on, we got inside the house. We settled in the living room and just rested. I was trying to get a shut-eye, but then I felt a tap on my arm.

My mom was handing me a small piece of biscuit. "Eat it."

"Have you eaten?" I asked in a quiet voice and she nods. Reluctantly, I took the biscuit from hers and started eating it. "Thanks."

"Psst." We all heard T-Dog and he motions towards the window.

Fucking walkers.

Yes, I swore. So what?

We went out through the back door and I brought out my dagger, still slightly pissed that my mom took my gun because she didn't trust me enough to handle it. Thankfully, we didn't come across any walkers when we reached the car. Then, we took off.

Few minutes later, we stopped by the road again to plan on where we should go.

"Are you okay?" I hear my mom's voice behind me.

"I would be if I have my gun." I remarked, then faced her. "Just give it back."

She shook her head no and I grunt in annoyance. "Farren, we already discussed this. Unless it's necessary, I am not giving you your gun."

I rolled my eyes in annoyance before turning my back on her.

Later on, Rick and Daryl went out to god-knows-where and right now I took off my ponytail, just to fix it again. I didn't noticed but my brown hair had gotten longer than I remembered, it now reached the top of my bum and it's a little wavy.

Desperately needs to be combed and washed.

I pulled my hair up in a bun, just as Daryl and Rick came back.

"We found a prison." Rick announced.

And what the hell are we going to do in a prison? Be prisoners?

"It could be our place. We can make it our home."

And that sounds crazy.

Yet minutes later we are here in the prison. Rick had used cutters to cut a hole in the through the fence so we can get it, and now that we're in, the field is filled with bwalkers.

"We can shut that gate, prevent more from filling the yard. We can take out these walkers." Rick states, breathing heavily. "We'll take the field by the night."

I tuned out of their conversation and went close to the fence, seeing a walker clinging onto the fence and groaning at me. I scrunched my face up in disgust before pushing my knife through a hole in the fence, and right into the head of the walker. It falls limp on the ground.

"No. It's suicide run." I heard Maggie say and I turn to them.

"I'm the fastest." Glenn reasons.

Okay, I should've listen to the conversation. But I assume they want someone to run into the field?

"No." Rick said. "You, Maggie, Farren and Beth draw as many as you can over there. Pop them through the fence."

I nod before following the three towards the other fence. T-Dog then joins us. I gripped the handle of my blood-stained dagger, before yelling at walkers for them to come over. One by one they started coming towards us, and when they got close to us, we kill them.

Gunshots are echoing throughout the place but I couldn't care less. I would've been firing a gun too, if I had my gun.

I focused my attention on Rick and I see him closed the gate. "He did it." I smiled a little, telling Glenn.

When Rick entered a guard tower, I heard Daryl yell out light it up! before they continued shooting walkers. When I looked at Glenn and the others, they all had their guns out and firing at walkers.

"Well, this is fun." I muttered to myself. "Everyone has a gun and here I am with a freaking dagger."

Once the shooting once done, Lori opened the gate to the field and we all enter. When I heard my mom talking, she sounded happy. I couldn't help but smile a little.

"I got it." I told Glenn when we both saw a walker still alive.

I ran towards it and drove my dagger through its skull.

- later, night time

As we eat dinner, I avoided talking and listening to everyone talk so I put my headphones on, and played some old songs through the walkman. Daryl got me this when we were at the farm, he told me it could somehow make me feel better. He found it in one of the cars at the highway, and I thanked him for that.

Her name is Noel
I had a dream about her
She rings my bell
I got gym class in half an hour

The song plays through the headphones and I actually kind of like this song. Although I never found out what the title is, but I recall Beth saying that it's Teenage Dirtbag something.

I felt a tap on my arm and I looked to my right to see Carl, offering me some dinner. I refused, showing him that I already have a bowl of food. He nods, smiling, before minding his own business.

When my ear started itching, I had to take off my headphones. I then heard beautiful voices singing, and it belonged to the Greene sisters. Even though the song wasn't familiar, the sound of their voices were enough to make me relax.

Goodnight and joy, be with you all.

"Beautiful." Hershel comments, making Beth smile.

"Better all turn in," Rick suddenly says, drawing everyone's attention on him. "I'll take watch over there. Got a big day tomorrow."

"What do you mean?" Glenn asks.

"Look, I know we're all exhausted. This was a great win," damn right it is. "But we gotta push just a little bit more... Most of the walkers are dressed as guards and prisoners, looks like this place fell pretty early. Could mean that supplies may be intact. They have an infirmary, commissary,"

"An armory." Daryl speaks.

"That could be outside the prison but not too far away."

I put my headphones back on and pressed the play button, drowning out the chatter with music.