Chapter 16

Blaze's phone vibrated in his pocket, but he daren't pick it up. It's most likely from Air, but he was still ticked off when it came to her and Angin. They could tell each other their secrets, but Api? Their brother and best friend? They didn't.

There was also the fact where Halilintar was trying to massacre him.

That too.

Speed wise, he could barely keep up. Power wise? Probably. Strategy wise? Oh crap.

Halilintar struck with remorseless blows. Scarlet lightning razed everything in her path. She would appear out of nowhere, strike a heavy blow, then disappear, and repeat. It was difficult to predict her whereabouts and her next aim.

"Petir, it's me! Snap out of it!" Blaze screamed as afterimages of lightning flashed around him. "That kid that wants to know what the hell is wrong with you? That's me!"

Great, he thought miserably. Both of them are insane.

Halilintar struck with her spear, and he barely managed to parry with his chakrams. The power struggle took a few seconds, and the neither of them were willing to relent the other. Blaze gritted his teeth. A burst of fire flared from his body, but Halilintar didn't dodge.

When the blade of the spear was about to collide with his skin, she disappeared again.

Blaze growled. How did that not affect her? He'd used skin-melting fire, but even her clothes didn't seem to react to the heat. Perhaps her defence was high? Godlike? That didn't make any sense. Petir had been impaled once. He wasn't so sure about Halilintar.

This was one obstacle after another.

The door that held Tanah captive exploded. Blaze turned, and Tanah was raging. His red-eyed glare fell on Blaze, and he looked like he was ready for murder.

If Tanah was on Bora-ra's side along with Petir, Api could bid this world sayonara. There was no frigging way he would survive the two of them if one of them wasn't affected by his heat.

Instead, Halilintar assaulted Tanah, using the same method that she'd used against Blaze. Tanah wasn't so sloppy. He blocked her attack by encasing his fists in metal.

What the hell? Blaze rolled to a side as debris bounced off Tanah. Are they fighting each other? If there was one thing he knew about both Tanah and Petir, it was that they were fiercely loyal to each other. They would never think to hurt the other.

His presence went forgotten among the larger battle. Halilintar remained emotionless, her only goal to obliterate her older brother. The same applied to Tanah, but his expression was maniacal.

Tanah was trying to destroy the person he'd been trying to protect.

With no other resolve, Blaze called for help.

* * *

"WHAT!?" Air screamed, startling her Cahaya, Daun and Angin. They had to return to Angin's place to ask whether if they'd seen Api. They hadn't, but Api called her.

"What's going on?" Cahaya demanded.

Air put the call on speaker, allowing the rest of them to hear.

"I found Petir and Tanah!" Api yelled. There were explosions in the background. "I need your help! They're not being themselves!"

"How can we help?" Angin fretted.

Api raged at them, causing the phone to vibrate due to his volume. "HOW CAN YOU HELP? HOW CAN YOU HELP? SAYS THE GUY WHO CAN CONTROL WIND! SHUT THE FUCK UP AND GET YOUR ASSES OVER HERE!"

"You saw everything?" Air demanded. "Since whe—"

"SINCE THE DAY I GOT KIDNAPPED BY PETIR WHICH WAS EARLIER THIS FUCKING DAY." More explosions erupting from Api's side. "IF CAHAYA AND DAUN HAVE POWERS AS WELL, I'M JUMPING OFF A ROOF."

"Better get ready to jump off a roof then," Cahaya murmured.

"ARE YOU FUCKING ME—"

"Send us your coordinates," Cahaya interjected. "We'll be there as soon as possible."

Api sent them the coordinates.

* * *

Blaze tried to stop them. Delusional or no, he was sure that if they continue, the whole ship would collapse. Why wasn't Bora-ra or his goons here yet, he also didn't know. Maybe they were taking a break and letting Hali do all the dirty work for them. Maybe they were trapped under some debris and died by fluffy bunny unicorns. Maybe they were asleep.

"What the fuck is wrong with the two of you?" Blaze demanded. They were moving too fast. He can't interfere lest he'll be reduced to shreds.

Reverse Gempa raised pillars to trap Halilintar, but it ended up in vain. No matter how many times he landed a hit on her, it dealt no damage. He knew this because Gempa had once grabbed her head and slammed it to the wall, which cracked the metal, but Halilintar was perfectly fine.

The scary thing was that the both of them seemed to have limitless energy. While Blaze was getting tired just by dodging stray lightning and pillars, they were at each other's throats. He couldn't run out either, because he also tried and Halilintar stopped him by electrocuting him without even moving from the fight.

He'd never felt more useless in his life.

* * *

"Is the core body secure?"

"Yes, my lord," a scratchy voice wisped. "It is safely locked away."

"Good."

Thorn and Taufan pressed their backs against the wall. They'd managed to bypass guards without a sound thanks to Solar's teleportation, but here came the hard part. Their task was to keep an eye out until Solar and Ais return with news.

Unfortunately, they'd found themselves in a laboratory. The big boss himself was present, and he seemed in a good mood. Maybe he wouldn't kill them as brutally as any other time. Or he could be in the mood for some extra long human torture sessions.

"What's going on?" Thorn whispered.

Taufan peeked at the situation between the cracks of the table they were hiding under. There was a robed alien speaking to the villain, which he could only assume as a mad scientist.

"As long as this body is secure, I'll have the finest lieutenant in the universe," Bora-ra cackled. "Nothing can stop me!"

Thorn realized that the bad alien was talking about Petir. She had introduced herself as Bora-ra's lieutenant when she had met her on that roof. She whispered this newfound information to her brother, but that earned a great deal of confusion.

"Api says she's fighting Tanah," Taufan murmured, pulling her closer. "She can't be in two places at once."

"Maybe he's wrong," Thorn said. "Maybe that's someone else. Siblings don't fight each other."

Taufan nodded. He hoped so. Their presence was ignored. Soon, the two aliens walked out, turning off the lights as they made their departure.

Carefully, they left their hiding spot and began to explore. They found a great deal of machines and experiments, including live specimens.

"We couldn't let Bora-ra take over wherever he wants," Thorn fumed, but she looked like a poodle more than an angry individual. "We have to stop him!"

"How?" Taufan's hand hovered over a red button. It was something that the alien had pressed before they had left. Curiosity taking over, he pushed it down.

A vertical metal pillar that was attached to the wall hissed, startling both him and his sister. Slowly, the metal exterior retracted to the back, revealing a human-sized, pill-shaped chamber that glowed bright red. There was liquid inside, and someone that they knew.

An oxygen mask was placed on Petir's mouth and nose. She drifted in liquid-filled tube, unconscious, as red sparks of electricity sparked from her skin.