Chapter 7

Zeke's

I just can't believe it up until now na makakasama ko si Amber sa iisang bubong. It was like a dream come true to me. I will admit kinikilig ako hanggang ngayon. Who won't? Kulang na lang ay maging kami, better, kung kasal na. But that will be too soon for her. She didn't even know these feeling that I harbored just for her.

This might make her uncomfortable. I was trying to keep myself from being all over her but it was a hard task. When I was with her, I can't help but show a side of me that people rarely see. When I was with her, I can't really control myself, I can't help but smile, or to hold her hand, because she was just that alluring.

Kung ako ang papipiliin, siyempre ay mas gusto kong dito na lang ako sa bahay kasama siya—cuddling, hugging, kissing her—just kidding. I was going too far. Ultimo halik sa pisngi at kaunting yakap, inaayawan niya, kung hindi lang matigas ang ulo ko. She'll get used to it, she's just a little bit distant.

She kept asking how come that I have to live with her. It was easy to come up with a good excuse. Ama niya mismo ang kumausap sa kanya para sabihin kung bakit kailangan kong makitira dito. He told her that I'm a daughter of a close friend of him and since I was new to this place and Amber's home is the most convenient place, there, what happened, happened.

Nagsimula na namang maglilikot si Amber sa tabi ko. "Zekhaila, stop hugging me."

Sinusubukan niyang umalis sa pagkakayakap ko sa kanya pero, na-ah. I was way stronger than her. We're cuddling at her couch, here at the living room. Her house wasn't that big, it was so simple actually. I like being here.

"I love to hug you kaya relax ka na lang diyan." I hugged her tighter, and tighter, and tighter. She's really soft and she smelled so good, like a combination of vanilla and honey —so sweet.

I simply stared at her. She's wearing a pink pajama na may design na mga stars. She looked really cute. Her hair cascaded perfectly as always down to her feminine shoulder. She reminded me of marshmallow.

"Bagay pala sa'yo ang pink, 'no, Amber?" I complimented, trying to stop myself from kissing her cheek again.

She frowned her forehead a little pero agad din namang napalitan ng poker faced expression. An audible groan escaped her lips, akala mo mapipikon na. " Get off from me."

Tinutulak niya ako but I won't budge. I even cuddled her more, even burying my face to her neck, taking in her scent. Damn, how can Amber be this addicting?

"D-did you just sniff me?" she asked.

"Mabango ka naman." I answered. She tried wiggling her way out again. Lalo tuloy akong nanggigigil. My phone rang which to my dismay. It made me stop from teasing Amber and answered the phone call instead. "Hello?"

"Miss Abraham, this is Timberlake."

Napatingin ako kay Amber. Papa niya ang tumatawag. Agad akong tumayo at pumunta sa bandang kusina. Tanaw ko pa rin si Amber mula rito sa pwesto ko. She was staring at me so I gave her a smile and mouthed her to wait. Confidential kasi ang mga ganitong tawag kaya hindi niya pwedeng marinig. Saka, hindi niya rin naman pwedeng malaman.

"Sir, napatawag po kayo?" I asked.

"Another death threat appeared this afternoon." mabilis nitong pagpapaalam. "Aside from that, few of my men were injured. They were asked who did the assault but all of them said that they didn't know because they were masked."

"Anong nakalagay sa note?" tanong ko. Baka sakaling may makuha akong clue kahit na paano.

"It was kind of vague to be honest. It was said that I have what they want." he told me. As expected, he was so calm despite the problem. "I'm not really scared for myself, I'm afraid to what might probably happen to my daughter. I don't want her to be involved."