Chapter 30 { The Meeting }

Luna P.O.V

" Luna..." he said in a warning tongue before turning me around so I would be facing him. wait, it is not like I am a bad liar, after all, how will he notice if I am lying or not?

" what? I am serious, everything is perfectly fine. does it look like there is something wrong with me ?" I asked pointing at myself. he looked at me for a long minute before sighing, just as he was about to say something else when we heard someone coughing, looking over only to see dad

This is embarrassing.

" The meeting is about to start, it is better for you two to come now," he told us, quickly leaving the room.

" We shall go then," Asher said taking my hand in his, I only nodded smiling. Thank god he didn't take my injured hand, I don't think I would be able to take it if anyone is to touch it. It is hurting me, but it is stable.

We got inside the meeting room, and there are 6 men sitting there already, not including dad. This project might be huge otherwise why would so many companies willing to share it?

We all shook hands before we sat down on our seats around the meeting table and the meeting started. It was all going smoothly Asher was sitting on my left side, we kept talking about the business it was actually pretty good, I would interrupt sometimes knowing what they ask for might bring risks to our company shares in this project and I could feel Asher eyes on me whenever I talked. i could tell he was proud of me which gave me even more confidence.

We were getting papers ready to sign the contract, suddenly Asher held my hand tightly under the table, making me hiss in pain.

" w-what is wrong?" I whispered to him, he didn't even look at me, he kept glaring at everyone in the room

" I don't like the way they are looking at you," he said as his jaw clinched while squeezing my hand even tighter. it was hard for me to even think straight, i was focusing on my breath so I wouldn't cry at this important moment.

" e-excuse me," I told everyone while taking my hand out of Asher's deadly grip. He looked at me confused, but he let me go anyway. I mean I will excuse myself only for using the restroom, after all.

Biting my lower lip hard, I was trying to control the overwhelming pain I was feeling, at least till I will get out of this meeting room.

As soon as I got out my tears started to fall, through tears I made my way towards the restroom. When I got inside the restroom, I stood in front of the sinks.

I slowly took off the gloves that were covered in blood and my bandage was no exception. I slowly took off the bandage as well, and it was hard to even look at my hand, it is scary for me.

I just sighed wiping my tears with the back of my right hand, taking a deep breath. When the door threw open.
_________________________
Asher P.O.V

I let Luna leave knowing she might need to use the restroom, looking over to my hand that I just held hers with, my blood ran cold. my hand was covered in blood or shall I say Luna's blood. God, how can I be so stupid? Without wasting any more time, I walked out of the meeting room, following her sweet scent.

I was soon in front of the female restroom, I didn't care about anything, I just opened the door as fast as I could and my eyes widened at what I saw.

"Asher? What are you doing in the female restroom?" She asked trying to hide her hand from me.

in a blink of an eye, I was in front of her, taking her bloody hand softly in mine, I felt I am on the edge. what happened or which pup dared to bite my mate's hand?!