Tony Stark X Reader - Home

A/N- This imagine is based on the song Home by Michael Buble. I really love it and hope you all enjoy it too.

Tony would hate you by now, you were sure of it. You had gone behind his back and broken his trust and now there was no chance of ever returning to him. Steve had told you as much. You were all fugitives now and if you even tried to contact him you, and all of your friends, would be caught. 

You spent much of your time in bed. It wasn't like it was comfortable, the motel mattresses were lumpy and had these suspicious stains that left you feeling a little queasy if you thought about it for too long. Nonetheless, you spent far too much time huddled under the overly starched sheets. 

Nat had tried to intervene on multiple occasions, attempting to lure you out with the promise that everything would be better soon. It didn't work and soon enough she gave up trying, opting to just sit silently beside you on the bed, flicking through the channels on the TV with little hope of finding anything even slightly entertaining. It was hard to say it, but you were grateful for the company when it lasted.

She was absolutely stunned when you crawled out of the bed one evening, dragging yourself towards the bathroom.

"Where are you going?" 

You paused slightly, turning and giving her a small smile. "I think it's about time I showered," you told her softly, shrugging as you spoke.

The smile she gave you in response was so stunning that you almost burst into tears. It was hard to see how you had been affecting the team so negatively. Your depressive episode, which you had always been prone to, had knocked the air out of even the most determined of your friends, and you couldn't help but feel guilty.

"Good plan," she uttered, as though she was worried about startling you back into your blanket fortress.

You nodded as you headed into the bathroom, shutting the door behind you and twisting the lock as you released a deep breath. This would be the first time you had been properly alone since you had left the compound, and yet nothing felt different at all. You missed Tony, everyone knew it, and yet they were all walking on eggshells, as though even saying his name would be enough to send you over the edge.

The shower was grimy. A head covered in thick limescale which could barely hold itself up on the tiled wall. The bathtub wasn't much better, a line of greyish gunge circling the lip as though it had been full to the brim with dirty water for months at a time. You winced as you stepped in, your toes flinching back when they touched the cold porcelain. 

If you had hoped for a hot shower to knock you out of your funk, you were soon to be sorely disappointed. The water chugged to life, jumping slightly as you turned it on fully. It was cold that you jumped, dodging out of its trajectory and hoping that you wouldn't slip in the tub. Of all the bad ways to die, you decided that this would be the worst. You held your hand under the inconsistent flow of icy water, waiting for it to warm up, but the temperature refused to change. 

"Hey, Nat?" you called out, waiting silently for a reply.

The tinny sound stopped coming from the TV and a few footsteps came towards the bathroom. "Yeah?" 

"Does the water ever get warmer than 0º?"

You heard her chuckle, just outside the door. "No, it did the first night but according to Steve none of the rooms are getting any hot water at the moment. He doesn't want to go down to the front desk and ask in case someone recognises him."

You felt yourself nod, before mentally scolding yourself for such a stupid gesture. "Thanks," you called back, listening as she shuffled back to the bed, the sound coming back out of the speakers of the TV. You supposed that you should be happy that you had a working television, at least that was something that would keep you entertained through your time here.