Back Together ~ Cole

"Ninja, I see you've gotten away and you've taken little (Y/N) with you. Don't think that you're little escape brings any victory to you, we're still far ahead of you. Oh, and (Y/N), if you're watching this, you little traitor, you're going to get punished."

Your now ex-boyfriend sent a menacing smirk to the camera before the video ended

He really was a bad person.

Before you and the Ninja watched the video they managed to send to you without any traces your hope of him being any good quickly died. You stood behind the gang of Ninja, who were silently planning their next move.

You felt your heart stutter in fear as you stared into his crazy eyes through the screen.

The blood began to drain out of your face and you felt something dense and heavy settle into your heart and tears quickly cloud your vision and before you could help yourself a sob bubbled out of your throat.

The ninja froze and turned to see you sink to the floor and bury your head between your knees as you began to cry quietly.

You heard them exit quickly and then felt someone sit beside you.

"He doesn't deserve you, you know?"

You raised your teary eyes to meet Cole's. He smiled warmly at you, "He really doesn't, he's just a scumbag that not even worth your time, let alone your tears."

You wiped your nose using your sleeve and raised a brow at him.

"So, why don't you tell me why you're crying about a loser like him. You didn't really like him did you?"

You shook your head silently, "Then, why are yo—"

"I'm scared."

Cole froze.

Of course, it made sense, you were afraid. The ninja regularly dealt with incidents like this, but it hadn't occurred how frightening this must be for you, a civilian.

"Even before I found out about the arson gang, he was, jealous, possessive even. Like you, but a million times worse." You pulled up your sleeves to reveal purple and dark red marks blooming across your skin.

Cole sucked in a harsh breath and gently grabbed your wrists, inspecting the bruises.

"Why didn't you tell anyone?"

"I was scared. Cole, he knows where I live, where I work, where I go to school and I'm scared."

You released a shuddering breath, "I'm terrified."

He slowly raised your arms to his lips, pressing a warm kiss to the darkest bruise at your wrist and gently made his way up your arm. You watched him noiselessly as he continued to press fluttering kisses against your skin.

When he reached where your sleeves covered your arm and his eyes flickered to your face.

He then tenderly pulled you by your arms and kissed you soundly.

Your eyes fluttered shut and you let him take the lead, sighing when you felt his arms snake around your waist and gingerly pull you towards him.

Your hair settled themselves at the nape of his neck as he deepened the kiss, a hand cupping your cheek.

His teeth grazed against your bottom lip, gently tugging and your mouth slid open.

He began reducing pressure, the kisses grew shorter and shorter between you and he finally drew away from you, pecking you once, twice and once more when he missed the contact of your lips.

"I'm sorry." He hands had a firm grip on your hips as he held you protectively to him.

"I'm sorry I let my pride get in the way and didn't protect you when you needed me. If we hadn't broken up, then you wouldn't be feeling so frightened, you wouldn't be hurt."

As leader, Cole had a bad habit of putting himself down so he'd know better the next time and because he didn't do the right thing at the time.

You smiled sadly, "What is done, cannot be undone, but the future depends on what you want right now. Close your eyes and forget about your pride right now, forget about protecting me and just listen to your feelings. What do you want?"

There was a moment of silence as you stared at Cole's features, gently running your fingertips along his cheekbones.

The grip on your hips tightened as Cole's eyes fluttered open.

"I don't want to let you out of my arms. Ever."

You smiled gently at him as he leaned down to kiss you, pulling away and leaving you chasing for more, "I want to keep kissing you till I run out of breath."

He glanced at the bruises on your arms and raised his eyes to yours, "I want to kiss all the hurt away."

You nodded, "Okay."

He leaned down and pressed a warm kiss to your chest, through your clothes, right above your heart.

"I love you."

"I love you too."