Chapter 34: Mason's P.O.V

Earlier that day, after Isabella and Joseph went to school:
"What the fuck do you want?" I growled as I opened the door to see my ex-girlfriend standing there.

"Hey, baby, come on. I'm sorry. I should have never said that about your sister." Jasmine begged. How desperate can you get?

"Sure you did, Jasmine. Goodbye, don't come here again." I tried to slam the door but she stuck her foot inside and stopped me.

"You blocked me! How else am I meant to talk to you?!" She asked angrily.

"You're not, we are over." I replied, as calmly as I could. I saw tears forming in her eyes and she tilted her head back to the sky and laughed.

"Not everything is about our relationship, Mason. Sure, it would be nice to have you back. But that's not why I'm really here. There's something you need to know."

She paused. I stared at her. She sighed. "It's about your father."

"And how do I know you're telling the truth?" I narrowed my eyebrows at her and dropped my hand from the door, shoving it into my pocket.

"You don't. You'll just have to trust me."

———
Felix paced up and down the room. After I told him, he hasn't said a word, just started pacing. Up and down. Up and down.

"Felix!" I snapped him out of his thoughts and he turned to face me.

"So that's what that bastard has been doing while I've been raising his children." He growled as his emerald green eyes pierced into me.

"He's still our father." I tried. He laughed cruelly, this was a side of Felix I never wanted to see again.

He got right up in my face. "That man is not my father. That man is no one to me. No one!"

Felix stepped back, shocked. He blinked hard and rubbed his eyes. "Sorry. I'm sorry. Mas, you gotta help me."

"I will. How do we tell the others?" I asked, knowing he'd be okay again with a question to answer.

"We don't. We tell Leo, and the members. They need to know who's in charge now." He answered, almost soldier like. This is not the 'okay' version of Felix I was imagining.

"But, Joe and Izzy..." I trailed off as Felix turned away and leant against a wall, sighing heavily.

"I'll tell them he's gone away on business to Italy or France or something. Isabella doesn't need the stress." He replied.

"But what about Joe?" I asked. I mean, like, he's not a kid and he'll be mad if he finds out we didn't tell him.

"He can't keep a secret from Isabella, not matter how hard he tries. Promise me you won't say anything Mason." Felix ordered calmly. I hesitated. "Promise me."

I nodded slowly and his whole body seemed to relax. He went round to the desk and started opening draws and closing them again, like he was looking for something. Eventually, he pulled out a piece of paper, it had writing on it, I couldn't see.

"Right, let's go to the warehouse. We need to tell John and Leo first and John needs to see this." He held up the paper and looked at it for a second, before tucking it neatly into his pocket. He quickly pushed through the door and down the stairs, I ran after him, trying to catch up.

———
Felix stood before our fellow members, with John and I by his side. He's so determined to do this right, to forget about Dad.

"Everyone listen up!" Felix shouted and everyone shut up, just like that. "We have been betrayed, by Adam Cole, my father and our leader."