08 | Babysitters and Birthing Pt. 2

"I think I get it now," Jin said. "You feed it, pay attention to it, and take it outside for a while and it becomes satisfied," he explained as he watching Sihyuk gallop around the backyard.

"You described a dog but close enough," Yoongi said.

Jungkook, who was so desperate to make Sihyuk like him, was climbing up a tree. "Sihyuk, look at me! I'm cool, aren't I?"

"No," Sihyuk answered loudly.

"What?!" Jungkook exclaimed.

"You know what would make you cool?" Sihyuk pressed. "Touching that beehive there."

Jungkook turned to look at the large beehive (that was not a beehive; it was a wasp nest) directly above him that was swarming with wasps. There was a dangerous humming that even made Yoongi uneasy at the sight and sound. Sihyuk watched Jungkook carefully with a gleam in his eyes.

"Damn, I think Satan's nicer than this kid," Jin muttered under his breath.

"O-oh that? That's nothing for me!" Jungkook exclaimed, his voice an octave higher than usual. "You just watch, Sihyuk. I'll touch that thing and make all those w-wasps cower!"

"You go, Jungkook!" Sihyuk cheered.

"He says one thing but his face says another," Yoongi commented, watching Jungkook pale and start to sweat. "I'm in Jungkook's will right?"

Jin paused. "Yoongi, how could you say that?" he asked with a frown. "Ask Jungkook that stuff, not me."

"Jungkook!" Yoongi yelled. "Am I in your will?"

"Shut up, Yoongi!" Jungkook screamed, sounding more like a parakeet. "You get my apartment!"

"Jackpot," Yoongi said, satisfied.

"What do I get?" Jin asked.

"My police reports!" Jungkook yelled back, hugging the branch of the tree as he inched closer to the wasps' nest.

"What the fuck," Jin retorted and picked up a rock. "Fuck you and your police reports!" he yelled, flinging the rock at Jungkook.

Yoongi's eyes widened. "Wait—"

It was too late.

Jungkook watched in horror as the rock pummelled against the nest, stirring all the wasps around like a cloud. They saw Jungkook as the guilty attacker and fixated on him, starting to fly toward the enemy to attack him.

Jungkook fell out of the tree with a scream, getting caught on a few branches and then squirming his way to the ground.

"Whoa..." Sihyuk whispered in quiet admiration.

"Oh fuck," Jin said and sprinted to the house.

The wasps angrily buzzed with life in response to their home being destroyed and a swarm of them flocked Jin, Jungkook, and Yoongi.

Jin and Yoongi ran inside with Sihyuk and closed the door, sinking to the ground with a sigh of relief. They were relieved that they weren't touched by any of the wasps and had left the situation unscathed. Then, they heard excessive banging on the glass door.

"Let me in!" Jungkook yelled, screaming in pain occasionally.

"No wasps or pussies allowed inside, sorry," Yoongi retorted.

There was an incoherent scream from Jungkook and he knew that Yoongi wasn't going to open the door so he resorted to playing dead. He let his body drop to the ground and pretended he was a corpse.

Jin held back a laugh. He could almost hear the wasps: This dumbass.

The wasps repeatedly stung Jungkook, surrounding him in a painful cloud. Jungkook yelped in pain—crying a bit, even—and found the next option: the pool.