Chapter Eight.

Chapter Eight.

Abigail Simmons.

Wednesday.

I was talking to Skylar in science when Alex suddenly walks in late. I expected that he would come and sit next to me - to my disappointment - so I moved my bag. Instead though, he walked and sat next to Candace. What the hell? I thought he didn't like her? Am I missing something? I stared confusedly at him. I was actually starting to believe Sandra about him liking me. But now, I'm positive he absolutely does not!

On the bright side, I guess I don't have to be his "slave" person! I'm off the hook! Hallelujah!

"Abi?"

"Yeah?"

"Why are you staring at him?"

"Oh I was actually just thinking of how I guess I'm off the hook of pretending to be his girlfriend!"

"Why?"

"He seems to have moved on." I grin.

She looked confused and looked over at him again. I could tell she realised what I was on about because of her facial expression. She had those faces of when you finally realise what someone is talking about. "Ohhhh. I get you! Nice!"

"I know right."

"Class! Quieten down and do your work." We all quietened down for a few minutes then began to speak again, but quieter.

"So Abi.."

"So Sky.."

"Whats the goss with you and Case?"

"Oh, uh nothing. What do you mean?"

"Well you guys seems to be having a little chemistry." She giggled at her own lame joke. We were doing Chemistry right now. Oh Sky.

"That was lame and no we don't."

"But you guys are going together to the dance next week, aren't you?"

"Yeah but-"

"Ah ha! See! Something is going on between you guys."

"No Sky, we're just going as friends. That's all we are."

"Oh. Are you? Really?"

"Yes! Gosh what's so hard to understand?"

"I just thought because- oh well nevermind. But you know I do agree with Sandra about Alex and you. You'd make a fab couple."

"We're no where near friends so I don't get how you guys think we'd make a couple."

"Yeah but have you-"

"No buts. Now, lets just get to work. I don't want to-"

"Ohh, Alex! Stop, we're in class!" Candace's horridly loud high pitched voice said. I cringed. What was he doing to her?? And dude! The whole world could've probably heard her say that. I looked up, and I regretted it instantly. They were both looking in my direction.

Were they trying to make me jealous?? Not working. I rolled my eyes and laughed. "Oh my gosh Sky, what kind of high pitched voice is that? Is she trying to imitate a dying goat?" I said it loud enough so she could hear. I know it was a lame insult but by the look on her face showed me that it had worked.

She scowled at me while most of the class laughed. I shrugged and continued to work while Sky giggled beside me.

I soon finished the work, five minutes before the bell for lunch was to go off. Then something struck me. I still have to tutor Alex. Hm. Not so bad is it? Nah.