Chapter 7 - Delilah

I smooth a hand down the cotton material of my dress and do a final once-over of myself in the mirror. The burnt orange sundress is cute but occasional with its bell-type sleeve that reach my elbows and a flowy hem ending right above my knees. The waist is cinched by a lace border and makes the dress more fitted and hugs my still-slim figure. I'm going to need a whole new wardrobe when the baby grows. I tighten my high ponytail and frame the loose wisps stylishly around my face. When I'm satisfied with how I look, I slip my feet into open-toed beige wedges. They're not too high and comfy to wear so they're perfect for pregnant women. Emily lent them to me, swearing by their convenience, and I have to agree.

"Hey." She enters my room just then and I smile, turning around to face her. "You look so pretty, Del."

"Thank you. You look fantastic yourself."

And it's true. Lucas is three months now and Emily's body has bounced back completely. Her curvaceous figure has never looked better, especially with boobs that are still huge for breastfeeding. That's the one thing I'm looking forward to in my pregnancy. My little B cups could use a boost of their own.

"Oh, stop. Don't be fooled. Wide hips and stretch marks are definitely a thing. I'm still getting used to them." She admits and consciously runs a hand over her stomach which is totally flat now.

"Well, I've heard no complaints." As far as I can see, Emily as a mom has made Jaxon that much more primal towards her.

"Oh, yeah. My man isn't fazed in the least." She gets a dreamy look in her eyes like she always does when she talks about her husband and I find myself smiling in return. Their story is one I'll never get tired of. Jaxon going from cold-hearted, except towards his daughter, to an all around loving man under the influence of Emily's kind personality is the kind of tale everyone wishes for. Jaxon is one of the best men I know. Him and Emily have the effect of bringing out the best in one another.

"You both are amazing." I say just because I can. Truthfully, I'm getting super sentimental after the decision I've made for myself.

Emily's eyes sadden, knowing what I'm talking about. "You're sure about this?"

"Wouldn't you do the same?"

"Yeah." She walks over to me and starts picking invisible lint off my dress. "Yeah, I would."

"I need this, Em."

"I know you do."

"You'll take care of things for me?"

"Of course. You've done so much for us. How can we not do the same?"

"Thank you." I hug her fiercely and she returns it. "I love you, Emily. If it wasn't for you I wouldn't have met the most important people in my life. You and Jaxon changed my world."

"You changed ours, sweetie." She pulls away and squeezes my hand. "Okay. Let's get going or I'm going to start bawling my eyes out. It's a happy day."

"It is." I take a deep breath to settle my nerves.

"And congratulations once again. I can't wait to read your book, Del. Promise me you'll autograph it."

That makes me laugh. "Oh, relax. I'm not even famous."

"Yet." She singsongs and links her arm through mine. Together, we make our way down the hall that leads to the backyard and step outside into the pleasantly warm weather. The crew is scattered around the huge space and doing their thing. We always hold our parties and celebrations here and it's one of my favourite things to do.

"Hey!" Avery bounds over to us and links my free arm with hers. She does a once-over of all of us and then whistles. "Damn, we're hot."

Em and I laugh at her observation as she casts us a leery look that's totally creepy. "Please stop." I beg her through a fit of giggles.