change the world pt 2.

you guys asked, so it's here. i don't know if i like who this turned out but it's whatever :) thank you all for reading and commenting, it literally makes my day reading all your comments! thank you guys!!! 💛

- kami 🌻

-

it's been a year since she's seen him. an entire year since she's seen the deep indents in his cheeks when his lips curled up into a sheepish smile.

an entire year since she's heard his contagious laughter echo through her room as they watched the office for the millionth time.

an entire year since she's seen the golden specks hidden deep beneath the dark brown of his eye. an entire year since she's felt his soft hands run down her body as music filled the room.

as much as she tried to forget him, she couldn't. she couldn't forget the little things that drove her crazy, that made her want to run up and press her lips against his.

he was forever embedded in her memory, and there was nothing that can erase him no matter how hard she tried.

kaycee completely cut him out of her life. she no longer danced with him, she didn't even go to the same classes he attended.

she deleted his number and all of the pictures that filled her camera roll, she even unfollowed him from all social media, but she could never stop him from sneaking into her thoughts.

it hurt. it hurt loosing the one person she loved the most. after all they've been through, she couldn't bare seeing him. she just couldn't.

"kaycee, are you going to jojo's class tonight?" tahani whispered, her eyes glued to the, now
grown, girl who was writing a poem in her journal.

"is he going to be there?" kaycee sighed throwing her pen against the floor. "and you guys better not tell me he's not and then i go and he's there, i told you guys i want nothing to do with him and that's final."

"kaycee, you can even check. he's didn't sign up for the class and if it makes you feel any better he's going to boston with the wiggle crew.

a sad smile fell on her lips, as she went back to the times in boston with the crew. it had to be her favorite part of the year, and it was because of him. he made it the experience it was and since they were no longer in speaking terms she had given up her spot to someone else.

"okay, come on let's get ready. i know jojo wants us to be there early so she can show us the choreo." tahani belted, pulling kaycee up from her spot on the floor.

"today's a big day." tahani mutter under her breath, quiet enough so kaycee wouldn't hear.

-

"t, where is everyone?" kaycee asked, her shoes clicking against the wooden dance floor.

"hmm, im not sure. im going to go find jojo, but you stay here incase jojo comes."

"okay. i'll just warm up." kaycee hummed as she sat against the cold floor, pulling her leg over her head as she began stretching.

"josh, what the hell?" a voice barked from the other side of the room, as shoes began screeching against the shiny wood.

kaycee's arms filled with goosebumps, his voice making her hair stand up as it echoed through the empty studio.

she could recognize that voice from anywhere. "sean, what are you doing here?" kaycee snapped, pushing herself up from the floor as she walked towards the exit. "shit."

suddenly, two voices rang through the room making the two jump from the doors. "first of all, the doors are locked so don't even think about trying to get out and second, you guys aren't leaving here until you guys figure your shit out because it's annoying as hell, alright now have fun."

"are you fucking kidding me?" kaycee growled, her back sliding against the locked door as she watched the boy pace around the empty room.

"can you stop doing that? you're giving me anxiety."

"fine." sean hissed, falling a few inches in front of her.

after a few minutes of complete silence, sean decided he had enough. "so um, hows life been?"

sean watched as her eyes grew wide, a scowl forming on her lips as her eyebrows knitted together. "are you seriously asking me that?"

"well ever since you cut me out of your life you seem happier."

"are you kidding me, sean? living without you has been fucking hell! you were my best friend, i spent everyday with you and you're asking me how my life is?"

"it's been complete shit without you." kaycee whispered, as teardrops coated her lashes.

"then why did you do it? why did you push me away?" sean croaked, his eyes glued to the girl sitting across from him.

"because it hurt seeing you with someone else. you had me waiting for you for two damn years and you come back with someone else.
it fucking hurt, sean."

"i'm so sorry, kayc. i meant to tell you, i really did but i didn't want to ruin our friendship, but apparently i did just that. i don't want to do this anymore. i can't live without you, kayc. you are my best friend and my partner and this year has been literal hell without you."

they sat in complete silence, kaycee's vision glued to the scratched engraved on the floor. "why aren't you in boston with the crew?"

"because if you weren't going, then i wasn't." sean confessed, watching as a small smile tugged on the ends of her mouth. "there's not point if
i'm not with you."

kaycee pushed herself on the floor, sliding over to sean, inches away from him.

catching sean off guard, she wrapped an arm around his shoulder and pulled him close, as she gently rubbed his arm. her heart fluttered at the feeling of his body pressed against hers as she sunk into the warmth of his side, melting into his arms as she felt his breath at the side of her neck.

"sean."

"yes, kayc."

"you're squeezing me."

"oh my god." sean yelped, jumping back as he untangled himself from her arms. "i'm sorry, it's just.. i've missed you, a lot."

"i've missed you too, lew. we have a lot to catch up on." kaycee hummed, as she laid on the floor, sean following after her.

"how are you and your girlfriend?" kaycee coughed, her eyes falling to her fidgeting fingers that were playing with the fadded shoelace.

"what girlfriend?" sean laughed, as he ran his fingertips through his hair awkwardly. "we broke up the day after you stopped talking to me."

"why?"

"because i realized i was in love with someone else." sean said, a small smile painted on his lips.

kaycee met his dark eyes, a smirk forming on her lips as she wrapped the shoelace around her index finger. "who?"

sean watched the golden specks in her eyes glow, causing the small drops of green to shine.

"julian." he whispered with a serious face until he saw kaycee burst out in laughter. "i hate you, lew."

"you know you don't." sean teased, sticking his tongue out as she flipped him off.

"you know i could never." she smiled, watching as the indents in his cheek hollow out as he smiled.

"i can't believe you're twenty now and i'm nineteen." she gulped as her eyes began to sting. "i wasted a year of what could've been amazing, because i was hurt. i'm so fucking dumb."

"you're not dumb, kaycee. you were hurt and you had a reason to be, don't blame yourself because it wasn't all your fault." sean smiled, taking her hand in his.

"is it too late to change the world together?" kaycee giggled, watching as he bit his lip, trying to hold back a grin.

"let's change the world together."