Chapter 35

Though some of my doubts were clear, but there were so many lose ends. As for how did Victor not recognise me first as he was the one who sent me away. And if he was keeping a track of my whereabouts, then did he know about Luke? How many other guards did he send? And above all how were my parents saved?

He was sipping on the coffee which was brought by Jason. When Jason came in with the coffee he was stiff And emotionless. He looked awfully pale. I wanted to to ask him if something was wrong but he didn't dare to look at me even once. He left the coffee at the study table and left immediately.

"I have asked the pack members not to disturb us till we are done Jordan. So don't worry." Victor said breaking the awkward silence.

"But why?"

" Because you need time to process all this and then make a decision." He looked at me with affection again.

"What decision are you talking about?" Tom asked in confusion.

"Something you wouldn't like." Victor replies sassily.

"Victor can you please be more clear about this." Tom sounded serious as if he had a hint of what Victor would say next.

"I want her as my queen."

"What? Are you out of you mind Victor??!! She is a child and you are 100+. And for fucks sake she is Maria's daughter."

"What if I am 100 plus. I am still young. And I choose her Tom. And I still do not understand what is wrong!" Victor sounded irritated, it was clear he didn't liked being bossed around.

"Maria wouldn't like it Vic" Tom said it very softly.

"Trust me she would, she would be proud to see her daughter to be an amazing queen." He looked at me with pride. I blushed but I wasn't ready yet. Not ready to take up another dominating man over my life.

"Enough about me! I want to know about my parents" I whispered screamed.
Tom was shocked to hear my tone but was even more shocked when he saw that Victor didn't care.

"Okay. So after I took you away and ran. I had to leave Maria behind because they would have killed you also. It seems that Jared had found her. Half dead. So he brought your father and mother to his cells."

He took a 2 hours break to explain this to us.
"How did Luke find out about them?"

"To be really honest, Mark didn't know they were your parents until Luke told him."

I gasped. He was not completely at fault that means. But he still acted to be in love with me. I shrugged off the thoughts and listened as Victor continued.

"All the royals have a mark on their lower back. You too have one. Luke and you must have always thought of it as a birth mark. Until he spoke to Maria in the cells." He clenched his teeth.
Of course the mark at my lower back could be visible only if I would have been naked. Was Victor  jealous of my past? I would think of this later but at the moment I really wanted to find out about my mom.

"Luke must have connected the dots and must have told this to Mark during an interrogation. I still do not understand why Mark didn't tell you ?"

"Because I didn't want to believe that piece of shit!"
Mark barged in through the door.

"I told you I need sometime with her." Victor turned towards Mark.

"Guess what your majesty, times up. I need to talk to my mate."

"I don't want to talk to you."

"You need to réalise Jordan that I didn't tell you because I was not sure. Those prisoners are here since the last 25 years. My mad father captured them and I didn't know why. And all of a sudden lunatic Luke tells me that they are your parents. I needed to be sure of that before I could tell you! I didn't want to give you false hope."

"Like how you made me believe that you actually loved me?"

I stopped screaming then and there.

"I am sorry. I can't fix the past and I can't fix myself Jordy. But please understand if you leave I will be insane."

"And that's why you want her here?" Tom asked in disbelief and continued.
"You want her here to keep your sanity and not out of love?"

Mark hung his head low.
"I don't think I can ever love anyone. I can't. I am not made for that." He said that softly and somewhere I felt my heart break into millions Of pieces.

"Why?"
I asked him softly. I was scared to hear his response.