Prologue.

June 23rd, 2005, was a happy occasion for Amelia Middleton. Well, at least until after graduation. She was graduating from St Andrews University with her cousin Kate Middleton, who had become Brittian's new obsession since she started dating Prince William the previous year.

All of St Andrews's graduating students were currently standing for the arrival of the Queen, Amelia's best friends grandmother. She had come to see his graduation, as well as Amelia's. Amelia and William had met a year before William and Kate did, and they were the best of friends, Amelia had met every royal family member before Kate did. 

"Please sit, we will now go through the names of all those who are graduating today, they will each come up on this stage and receive their degree." The headmaster of St Andrews spoke once the Queen had taken her seat, next to her stood her eldest son, Prince Charles, and next to him, stood Prince Harry. His eyes found Amelia and he smirked his playful smirk at her, she just smiled and shook her head lightly. Name after name was called until it reached hers and Kate's 

"Catherine Middleton." He said on the loudspeaker. Amelia and William cheered, as did a few others of Kate's friends while she walked up the steps and onto the stage. She smiled as she shook the headmaster's hand as he placed her degree in the other. She walked off the stage and Amelia's name was called afterward 

"Amelia Middleton." The blonde walked confidently on stage, her cape, and gown on her. She did as Kate had done and followed her down the steps once she had gained her degree. She had put years into it and was proud to finally hold it. 

"It now gives me the greatest pleasure, to announce this year's graduating class of St Andrews University, the class of 2005!" St Andrew's headmaster spoke. All the students cheered and threw their caps into the air, afterward many pictures were taken. Amelia got many taken with William and Kate, with Harry joining in a couple, but the young man stayed near her side. 

"Auntie Carole, Pippa," Amelia said when Kate's mother and sister joined them. She was a little disappointed that her parents had not yet come to find her. 

"Darling, there's something you should know," Carole said, she looked like she had been crying just before she had come to the graduation. 

"Yes?" Amelia said, dread going through her as she looked at her aunt. Harry had found them again and was standing beside her. He had an arm around her waist and held her into him incase Carole told her the bad news. 

"Your parents, I'm so sorry dear, but, they died. In a car crash while away on that business trip they had." Carole said, Amelia went into shock, it was evident on her face as she looked at Carole like she had just been wounded. She almost collapsed to the ground but Harry caught her before she could. He whispered calm and loving words into her ear as she cried. He picked her up bridal style and despite the annoyed looks he was getting from his father and grandmother, he carried her back in the direction of campus. He knew where to go, he had been here thousands of times to visit William, and more importantly, Amelia. 

"Harry!" Kate yelled, running after him after she had finished taking pictures with William, who also raced after his girlfriend and brother who was carrying his best friend/un-biological sister. 

"What happened?" Kate asked once they had gotten to her and Amelia's room. Harry placed the crying girl on the bed and looked at his brother's girlfriend 

"Her parents died in a car crash, Carole just told her now. Pippa was almost crying as she did." Harry explained. Kate gasped, her aunt and uncle were dead. She had many memories with them as did Amelia did. 

"When?" She asked, her voice cracking as she asked. 

"I don't know, but they were supposed to come, and I could tell Amelia was disappointed that they hadn't," Harry said. He had met Amelia's parent's, as had William on many occasions.