Chapter-31

''May I come in?'' Ranvijay smiled hearing the familiar calm voice of his mother, she stood at door of his cabin in Grand Palace, a smile stretched on her face. Ranvijay pushed his chair back, walked to the door to greet his mother, ''What brings you here mom.''

''Wanted to see you. Hope I am not disturbing you.'' He smiled, looped his arm around her shoulder walking her to the plush couch. ''You have never visited me at work, there must be something important for you to come here.''

Shivangi took a deep breath, ''yes its is, this is about Rolli. I don't know if you have noticed or not but she has changed a lot and I am not liking this change. Our girl was fire, and what I see is dull girl without any spark.''

Ranvijay smiled, ''Do you think I haven't noticed? I have been noticing everything, Veer's extra care and his ways of keeping Rolli involved and busy.  I have seen all of it, I know there is something my girl is hurting about but not willing to accept, and everyone is trying their best that I should not know of it. I know mom.''

''Then do something.''

''I will, for now I have to fix Sonakshi and Vikram.''

''Dipika won't be very happy, and I don't blame her.''

''She will come around Mom but I won't let love die so soon.'' There was a silence and then Shivangi added ''they married too young, the girl is yet to complete her last year of graduation.''

''I know mom, they both need a lot of growing up and I am planning to punish them after getting them together.'' Shivangi understood what her son was upto.

***

Ranvijay was being updated about Sonakshi's family still being in Suryagarh, he commanded Veer to be ready as they were leaving in the evening.

''Have you made arrangements for that lioness. I want her shifted to the zoo as soon as possible.'' He said while checking his small bag.

Veer huffed, ''Yes, Rani will be shifted in a week.''

''What made you pet a lioness.''

''Dipika did.''

''You knew about it yet you allowed.''

''Can you stop Ananya?'' There was a silence, Veer smiled, ''Exactly my point.'' Dipika walked in and handed Ranvijay the transfer papers, ''Bhai, hand these to Dev. I am happy to get rid of Suryagarh.''

Ranvijay nodded, ''Do you have any objection to my decision of bringing Sonakshi back.'' He asked. Dipika took a moment, though she didn't wanted the girl back for various reasons, one being keeping Dev off Rolli's life. She didn't trust him, he was after all Netra's son but there was no way she could ever go against or object to the man who got her acceptance in the family.

''No Bhai, I am fine.'' He smiled , the reply was a breather.  

They left the same evening, planning to check on Netra's well being and also meet Sonakshi's father.

***

Sona sat at the window staring at the space. her mind processing and reprocessing the previous days. She blamed herself for not giving a chance to Vikram and his family, she recalled how Dipika once told her that Rathores could never harm innocent. 

She had seen with her eyes the way they treated the people working for them. The estate they owned was prosperous. How did she turned blind to the fact that people worshiped them , which was unlikely in case they had been harsh.

Sona knew she had been offered a chance to mingle with the family, Ananya and Dipika made her feel welcomed. She knew the panic that she had when she got a guard assigned was just driven by her pre-notions wherein the family was just trying to make her feel safe.