Chapter 20

Hi. This is the last chapter of Stormie and Philo's story. If you've reached this part of the story, I wanna thank you so much. Tons of errors and typos, but you managed to make it here. Lol. Next update will be the epilogue.

-H

---

Chapter 20

The wind blew gently and danced with my hair. Squinting my eyes against the harsh rays of sunlight, I stared at the tomb and knelt in front of it.

Tumulo ang mga luha ko.

"You know..." I said in a broken voice, as my shoulders vibrated in threatening sobs. "I promised myself that I won't cry for you again. But here I am..."

Humigit ako nang isang malalim na hininga. Even with the scorching heat from the sun, I traced the cursive letters of his name.

"But it's all over... it's all over..." I whispered.

The air was warm that day. Its caressing whispers promised the first day of summer and the painful days that will follow as I grieved. Nanghihina akong napaupo sa damuhan at kinalma ang sarili.

"It's over... it's over..." I repeated inside of my head one too many times. I need to hear it from myself so I could believe that all of my nightmares are over. Wiping my own tears, I pulled myself up and slowly walked away from the cemetery... alone.

Mabagal ang pagmamaneho ko. Kahit na nanghihina pa galing sa pag-iyak ay pinilit kong mag-focus sa daan. I glanced at the shops lined next to each other as I made my way downtown and abruptly stopped when I caught glimpse of a small flower shop.

Ipinarada ko ang sasakyan at bumaba. Adjusting the bucket hat resting on my hair and the huge dark sunglasses I am wearing today, I strolled towards the young girl minding the shop. I smiled at her.

"Hi. Can I help you?"

I stared at the bunch of sunflowers, hydrangeas, orchids, carnations, and roses, all screaming with beauty and elegant as they were delicately displayed at the front of the shop. I turned to the girl again and asked.

"Flowers for the sick? I want to wish someone to get well soon."

"Hmm. I could arrange a bouquet of daffodils and sunflowers for you. Yellow is a happy color and usually promotes bliss and hope. It helps to calm the patient."

"Great." I nodded my head and hoped that she couldn't see my eyes swelling beneath my dark glasses.

"Sa loob nalang po tayo, Ma'am..." iginiya niya ako papasok sa maliit nilang flower shop.

The scent of flowers enveloped me as I stepped inside. Feeling my mood brightening as I stared at the colorful variety of flowers, the young girl guided me to a plushed seat. I thanked her and stared in awe as she expertly arranged the bouquet in a small woven basket.

Nagdadalawang-isip pa ako kung dapat ko ba siyang dalhan ng mga bulaklak. In the end, I called out to the girl.

"Make it two bouquets, please."

"Sure." She chirped and then grabbed another basket.

Inabot ako ng ilang minuto sa paghihintay sa dalagita na matapos ang pag-aayos ng mga bulaklak. I stared at it in awe and thanked her again, before paying. Tinulungan pa niya akong dalhin iyon sa aking kotse.

When the flowers are secured in the backseat, I sped off. My palms are sweaty as I headed to the corner of the town, where the mental institution is located. Bumagal ang takbo ko hanggang sa makarating na ako sa paroroonan. I took a few, deep breaths, calming myself before I climbed out of the car. Binuksan ko iyong muli upang kunin ang bulaklak na binili at naglakad papasok ng building.