Chapter 21 - Ready for a WHAT?!

The room for a second was quiet, before shouts of joy started to ring out, every gem was ecstatic to see a new diamond and even more so be in the presence of her.

Your pov-

Taken a back, I look up at Blue for reassurance. She smiles down lightly and mouths something along the lines of "you did great" which I found reliving to be honest. A sharp cough came from above me and the room fell silent. The fact that White Pearl was able to bring fear and silence a room full of higher class gems than herself was astonishing to say the least.
"The ball commences now." The pale white figure stated sternly, sending a shiver down my spine. You have to admit, she IS pretty damn scary.

-Some time after the ball-

To be Frank, the ball was quite boring, although it was quite interesting to be able to see gems of different types twirl and dance in unison to the melody of otherworldly tunes. And if you focused hard enough, you could hear the sapphires and other higher up gems mingle with eachother.

"Oh Red, you did amazing!" The tall blue woman praises me as Yellow smiles down in a surprisingly genuine manner. "Thank you, it was really nothing though" I dismiss in an attempt to stop myself from blushing in embarrassment. "Hm, I have to ask though, where did you learn that pose? Did you make it up? If so, well done." Yellow looks towards my small form. "Actually, I did kind of make it up... in a way it's a metaphor I made up on the spot." Rubbing my cheek sheepishly, a hand is suddenly placed on my shoulder, startling my slightly.

"You did well, Red. I believe it's time for your first colony. White Diamond requires your presence in this matter though." Shocked by White pearl's statement, I jolt back.

"What?!" Yellow covers her mouth quickly as the pale calcium based gem snaps towards her, meeting her eyes in a threatening manner. Blue places a hand on her shoulder "Yellow... I'm just as confused as you, we'll face White about this, Red was only formed a little ago after all, so it doesn't seem right."

---
Hey guys! Consider dropping me a coffee on my Ko-fi! https://ko-fi.com/shuena every bit helps me put out more of these stories :)