Chapter 3: Chicken vs Wolf

A/N: 10.04.19

Hey everyone! I made a new tiktok account dedicated to my BxB books. I'll be posting some YOLO videos soon :) don't hesitate to follow me there for video content!

Tiktok: ij_hidee

🚬🚬🚬

Class ended and it was time for detention. While I slowly started to pack my notebooks, Eshe came up to me with a frown.

"Carter, why did you-"

"I don't know," I mumbled miserably, already regretting what I did. "I just felt bad for him, he was just trying to help us and..." My voice drifted off.

"I should have said something to Mr. Rodriguez," she murmured.

"It's fine Eshe, what's two weeks of detention going to do to me anyway, right?" I chuckled dryly. "I have to go now, or I'll be late."

Eshe gave me a small nod, patting me on the shoulder. "Come back alive Carty."

I smiled. "I'll try."

"And watch out for that Killian guy, I don't trust him. If he even tries to bully you-"

"D-D-Don't worry," I stuttered sheepishly. "I can take care of myself now."

Eshe pursed her lips, looking unconvinced. I used to be an easy target for the popular kids, whether it was for my lunch money or just to lash out their anger and throw a few kicks and punches. It was only just this year that the bullying died down, probably because they got bored of picking on the same kid for so long. But whatever the reason was, I was just glad that it was over.

I felt bad that I always had to depend on Eshe for help, so I was kind of glad that I was finally able to do something on my own.

Did I regret it? Sure.

Would I do it again? No way.

But was I proud of myself? Definitely.

We both parted ways, but as I turned around, my eyes stumbled upon Luke's. I flinched, quickly dropping my gaze before scurrying past him.

Yeah, he still gave me the chills.

I went to the detention room, gulping before opening the door. Mr. Yon, my P.E teacher, was sitting at the very front of the classroom with his feet on the table.

"Take a seat," he grunted, not even bothering to look up from his magazine. "You might want to hurry before they all get taken."

I looked towards the empty classroom, only just realising the sarcasm in his tone. With a shaky laugh, I closed the door behind me and sat near the window. As I started to take out my notebooks and pencil case, I furrowed my brows, starting to look around me.