eight

The whole day passed by and Jungkook didn't get a single text by Taehyung, of course he couldn't help but wonder if this whole thing last night just ended their friendship or if he was just mad because Jungkook left like a slut that doesn't want to stay for breakfast. He checked his phone a thousand times, always watched by Lyza who sat besides him crying for the whole damn day, not stopping for a minute.

Jungkook asked her plenty of times if there was anything he could do to make this right, to make up for his mistake. But she never replied, only pushed him away and whispered to herself that she couldn't even leave him because they had a kid together.

The night passed by as quick as the day did, Jungkook didn't close his eyes once. He had his last exam in the morning, the one he studied so hard for but was sure to fail it anyway, especially now that his mind was fully occupied by basically everything else. When the alarm clock went off in the morning, he looked like a zombie but he still got up and put a hoodie on.

He didn't bother to brush his hair or anything, instead he only walked out, grabbing his bag and made his way to college to write this damn math exam. Once he checked his phone, again, he still had no new messages by Taehyung. Only one from his father, checking on him if he was alright.

With a sigh he crossed the campus, entered the classroom on the third floor and almost cried once he saw the exam which wasn't solvable at all.
He wrote bullshit and nonsense down, got up once the time was over, pushed the paper on his teacher's table and left the exam with teary eyes. All he wanted right now was to disappear, in less than 48 hours he made his life a living hell.

"Gguk", a soft voice made Jungkook's heart skip a beat. Taehyung leaned on the wall besides the classroom, holding a bag with cupcakes and strawberry milk for the younger. "Tae", Jungkook breathed out, relieved, his heart jumping at this sight. "I'm sorry I didn't call. Hope this makes up for it-", Taehyung hummed and gave him the food. "Bet you didn't eat breakfast."
Jungkook blushed a bit, nodded and took the food thankfully. Taehyung really knew him best.

"So how did the exam go?", Taehyung asked awkwardly while they started walking, Jungkook sipping on his milk. "Horrible. Won't pass this one for sure", Jungkook said, slightly disappointed of himself. "Let's go pick up Taejeonie and go play with him in the park, shall we?", Taehyung suggested quietly, not really knowing what to do with Jungkook. It was awkward between them, tension clearly hanging in the air. Kook agreed and they made their way to kindergarden, even though it was still too early to pick the kids up, but both boys knew: Having Taejeon around would make the situation less awkward, and rather fun.

And so they stood in the room not much later, watching all the kids running around in awe. Until they saw Taejeon sitting in a corner, all by himself while he played with a barbie figure. Jungkook almost felt his heart drop at this sight, heavy feeling filling his stomach. "Excuse me", he hummed towards one of the nursery nurses. The girl turned, came over and smiled brightly, "Ah the parents of Taejeon, right?", she asked softly. Jungkook almost lost it when someone thought again that Taehyung and him were a couple. After Taehyung didn't deny it the last time, Jungkook decided not to deny it as well this time.

"Just friends. He's the father", Taehyung cleared the issue up suddenly and Jungkook's heart dropped once again.

"Oh, my bad. Well, what can I help you with?", she asked, staring at Taehyung with bright sparkling eyes that made Jungkook wanna throw up. "Where are his friends?", Jungkook then asked and pointed towards his son who was smiling adorably when he made barbie kiss another barbie.

"He doesn't have any", the girl sighed. "It's difficult with him, but we're working on it", she promised.
"Work harder then", Jungkook snapped, crossed his arms and then walked over to Taejeon to pick him up. The kid's head shot up as he saw Jungkook coming and a huge smile came all across his face. "Daddy!", he squeaked and spread his arms so his Dad would pick him up.
And so he did.

"Let's go home, hm?", Kook said softly, ruffling the boy's hair.

Once they came back to Taehyung and the girl, Jungkook could swear he saw Taehyung winking at her. "When I come here the next time and my child is still being excluded this fucking kindergarden is going to get a report", Jungkook said coldly. "With special notice towards the sluts in here rather flirt with parents than do their fucking job."

Taehyung's eyes widened but he didn't say anything. He only pushed Jungkook outside, leaving the girl shocked and confused behind.

"Wow, what the fuck was that?", Taehyung hissed once they were out.

"Could ask you the same. Why are you flirting with random girls, Taehyung? Especially ones who are responsible for my son's education." He grumbled and Taejeon looked at them with his mouth wide open. "So girls are sluts?", he asked confused.

"Yes, basically", Jungkook hummed, then turned back towards Taehyung who only laughed in disbelief. "You're joking, right?", he asked, clearly amused.
"No? I simply think that wasn't necessary."

"It was after you were such a fucking cockblock at the party two days ago", Taehyung snapped. "You ruined my chances with Mia, I think I'm more than just allowed to flirt with another girl after keeping myself for her for a long time!"

Jungkook could feel his heart drop once again. Taejeon understood that they were fighting and his eyes filled with tears. "Don't be like Mommy and Daddy, please", he begged and held his tiny hand out for Taehyung. Of course he couldn't resist Taejeon and immediately took his small hand in his own and smiled when the kid grabbed his long fingers and squeezed them. "You can't fight you love each other, not like Mommy and Daddy", Taejeon explained, big tears dripping down his chubby cheeks. "You do, right?", he asked, just to make sure.

And Taehyung nodded, "Of course we do Taejeon. Your Dad and I are best friends since we were your age, nothing will ever separate us. Not even a small fight like this", he hummed to calm the boy down and it worked. Taejeon smiled again and then wanted to be in Taehyung's arms so Jungkook gave him to him. The younger kept quiet for the whole time until they were in the park.

Taejeon ran away as soon as he saw the playground and all the fun games on here. He sat on a swing and was there for a while, all by himself. Until a little boy approached him and pouted, "I want to sit on there too", he crossed his arms and Taejeon's eyes lightened up. "You can join me!!", he said excited.

"How? It's only one swing!!", the other complained but Taejeon pointed on his lap. The other's eyes widened but then he jumped on Taejeon's lap quickly and put his arms around him. And so they started squeaking and laughing happily on the swing, and Taejeon felt for the first time in forever that he found a friend.

Meanwhile Jungkook and Taehyung watched the whole thing quietly, not saying a word. It worried them what they saw, it really did. Boys this age weren't supposed to be this touchy and affectionate towards each other. Usually they should do play fights and act dorky. Not hugging on a swing, sitting like lovebirds.

"So, I'm a cockblock?", Jungkook finally asked, he didn't get Tae's words out of his brain. "Well, duh-", Taehyung sighed, then nodded.

"Can I remind you that you got your stupid cock inside something that night?", Jungkook asked, slightly annoyed. But Taehyung only scrunched his nose. "Kook, please", he mumbled. "Don't bring it up ever again."

Jungkook gulped but then nodded, "Yeah, it was a mistake, w-we were drunk a-and didn't knew what we were d-doing. We'll forget about it", he stuttered, eyes getting teary so he had to look away immediately.

"It was fucking disgusting, Kook. We're not gay or shit, that's not us."

Jungkook nodded slowly. "Y-yeah."

Taehyung watched him closely for a while before he softly hugged him, "I'm not stupid, I know you'll be crying once you're alone", he hummed softly into the younger's ear. "I loved it, Ggukie. It felt good, it just can't happen again. You know that, right?", he asked worriedly.

Jungkook nodded. "Yup."

"If only you were a girl", Taehyung sighed and then turned back to Taejeon who was playing with the other boy's ears just like Taehyung always did with Jungkook's when they were kids.

And with that the silence set in again.