52. Legacy

-Oliver-

-Oliver-

I was kissed. Jaden kissed me. Yup, he did that. He sure kissed me. Wow...

We were lying in my bed, side by side, and my God, could the atmosphere between us be any more awkward? Neither of us had said a word in a very long time. I was still trying to understand what happened. The kiss was amazing. It felt so right. He had soft lips...

It sure happened fast though – yesterday we were still trying to figure out what I was, and now...

"Oh, boy..." I breathed out when a lot of thoughts and emotions hit me at the same time.

"Are you... okay?" Jaden asked timidly – his previous confidence ran away ages ago.

"I have no idea," I said, trying to take a few deep breaths. "This has been a really, really long day..."

"I shouldn't have kissed you – it was way too much..." Jaden spoke, and sat up next to me.

I looked at him deep into his green eyes and shook my head.

"I liked it," I whispered. "Everything else is too much..."

He gave me a sad look, and carefully touched my hand, which was lying on my chest. "This is my fault – Jack was after me..."

"It's not your fault either," I said sternly. "I just... I'm going to need a lot of time to process this all."

"You have all the time in the world," he promised quietly.

I gave him a smile, and took his hand in mine. "We should try to get some sleep."

"Yeah – I'll leave you alone now," he said, and tried to get out of the bed, but I didn't let go of his hand. "I'm going to need that hand," he joked.

"Stay here," I said. "Please?"

His expression grew softer, and he nodded, before he lay back down next to me. I turned on my side to see him better, and we still were holding hands.

"For the record, this feels right," I told him.

"You're not wrong," he said, giving me an awkward smile.

*****

When I woke up the next morning, I almost fell off the bed when I felt a hand on my side. At first, I thought it was one of the kids who had sleepwalked into my bed, but when I forced my heavy eyelids open, I saw Jaden. And I nearly fell of the bed again.

"Sorry – didn't mean to scare you," he breathed out.

"You didn't..." I hurried to say. "I was just surprised," I added, as he pulled his hand away.