foreword

summary.

For as long as he can remember, Mames Beverly has always been the nice guy. The guy you went to at 2 am for help. The guy you'll call that always answers. The guy who is always there, who always comes running. The nice guy.

Mames always planned to leave Rochford, not because he didn't love it. But because he did. This little town contained everything he owned, everyone he knew. But now the same things that made him happy, are the things that are chaining him down. Suddenly, he's in his final year of high school, no applications have been sent, he is going to end up at the community college next door, if he's not careful. He makes himself a promise. To fall out of love with his best friend, to stop parenting his mother but most importantly to make music a reality. He has no idea how to make any of this happen until the answer comes in the form of nineteen-year-old movie director, Anastasia Wang.

When Mames walks into his favourite cafe one morning, the last thing he expects to do is to run into a movie scene. Nothing could have prepared him for the hurricane, that is, Ana. One late night, after accidentally locking herself in the bathroom, Ana catches Mames singing. She makes a drunken promise. I'm going to make you a star.

It's just a dumb promise, Mames knows, by a girl way in over her head. Mames knows. But he can't stop himself from believing. Because Ana keeps showing up. Yes, he's a nice guy. The nice guy. But never once did he think he's a lucky guy. The lucky guy.

Until now.

author's note.

If you're an old reader who stumbled here again. Welcome back. If you're a new reader, Welcome <3