Chapter 21

***WARNING - Sexual Content***

The next four weeks were pretty busy. We settled into the O'Brian stronghold, but we added extra security measures. Things that I learned from the Academy.

I spent my days at school, having to constantly dodge Vladimir trying to get me alone. Especially when he found out that Daly and I were getting married. How does he know this? Because Daly tells anyone and everyone that we're getting married this weekend.

I want to be angry at him, but it's too cute to see how proud he is. Our classmates are divided between confusion, after all we're still so young, and jealousy, with girls saying he's only marrying me cause I got myself knocked up.

I would love to contradict them but I think they might be right. Not that he's only marrying me for that reason, but that I'm pregnant.

I know, I know. Why am I so surprised? But I really am. I didn't think it would happen so easily or quickly. It's still too early to get tested, but my period was due 2 weeks ago and I've never been late before. And I was already starting to feel nausea at really odd moments.

The anger towards my cousins was long gone now but I was still hurt by their words and feeling too prideful to be the first to make amends. But I yearned for them. And it broke something inside to think of them being absent for my wedding.

Drake, who was my best friend at the Academy, was able to get a weekend pass to come to the wedding. Well ceremony really. Just a preacher in our lounge, with the closest family and friends invited only. Then dinner.

Daly wasn't too happy about the thought of Drake. He was jealous of my connection to him but was doing his best not to show it. But I could see it. His jaw clenched every time his name was mentioned. I want to tell him Drakes gay, but Drake hasn't come out of the closet yet, so I can't break his trust that way.

It was Friday morning and we had just gotten to school. Tomorrow is my wedding day. Drake will be coming in some time today. I'm so excited to see him. The morning went by fine. No real dramas. But during 3rd period, one of two classes that I had without Daly in it, I started to feel real sick.

I quickly excused myself and bolted to the toilets. I just barely made it before I chucked up my breakfast. Oh shit. Yep. I must be pregnant.

I placed my hand on my still flat stomach and felt like my heart was going to explode. Not with fear like I thought it would, but with pride and excitement and so much love.

Love for Daly, for giving me the family I've been craving, and love for my little bean. Who was already everything to me.

I walked out of the cubicle in a bit of a daze, still cradling my stomach, when I heard a harsh intake of breath. I jerked my head up and saw Vladimir standing in the girls toilets, staring at my hand over my stomach.

Vlad, "You're pregnant!?"

He asked in a dazed voice. I got into a defensive position.

"What are you doing here. If you hurt my baby in any way, I'll ....."

Vlads head snapped up at my words. He looked highly insulted.

Vlad, "I'd never hurt a child, or a pregnant woman. I know you don't have any reason to trust me, but know that about me at least."

"Why are you in here then?"

He shrugs his shoulders,

Vlad, "You're getting married tomorrow. I just wanted to see if I could talk you out of it. To give me another chance. But I see now that can't happen. A baby should be with it's father if he's willing to step up."