Chapter 49

‘See you guys at the wedding tomorrow. Jae may be a ring bearer if she doesn't go all cranky on us. If you enjoyed our baby and me routine video, don't forget to leave a comment down below, give this video a thumbs up and kindly subscribe to my channel. Have a super weekend, love!’

Another video ended and Miles was still glued stiffly to his seat.

Albeit the shock of the news had begun to wane, the thought of him of all men being a father was still oddly mind-numbing.

Still, Miles was pissed.

Regardless of how sour he ended things between them, it was a bitter experience for both of them and Emery Delado had no fucking right to keep him in the dark.

In fact, Miles was steaming with rage for not experiencing this new life with them because she decided to take away that right from him.

He was even resentful for not getting the chance to know his daughter and shower her with love like she got to do.

But in spite of all the hard feelings he was harboring for a certain woman, the mere thought of his little girl dumped ice water on Miles's blazing anger.

Those big black eyes were forever ingrained in his mind, and the toothless dimpled smile she flashes the camera still had his heart tightening and crumbling all over again.

The urge to see them was getting stronger by the second and Miles was done moping around.

He set the breakfast tray on the kitchen counter, shut down his laptop and pranced out of the suite.

His secretary had managed to land him a last-minute flight but he arrived after midnight, so he had Samuel drive him straight to the club for a stretch. But he had had enough rest, seen enough and it was almost midday, a decent time to pay anyone a visit.

Samuel was already in the garage, waiting with the car but Miles took the keys from him and sped out of the club with the temper of an aggrieved father.

As Miles drove through the ever peaceful community, he was partially amazed at all the new shops and buildings that had sprung up while he was away.

He took a few turns and drove at a trot when he spotted a familiar red-painted family home among similar houses.

He held onto the wheel tightly as he fenced himself against some displeasing memories which frought him, but all the negative thoughts wrapped up and came hunting him.

Taking in a long breath, he sat back for a moment to organize himself. Perhaps he should have gotten her number and called in advance instead of just showing up at her doorstep.

Miles was still deliberating on what to do when a well-known white car zoomed by with a baby on board sticker suctioned on its back window.

It could have been anyone at this point, but his gut said otherwise so he tailed the car—at a safe distance just so he wouldn't incur anyone's wrath in case it turned out to be someone else.

The car pulled up into the driveway of a single-family house, two streets from the Delado's home, and Miles also parked along a curb opposite the house and waited for the driver to get down.

The person did get out of the car but unfortunately for him, it was not who he thought.

Miles cussed out but before he could turn the key in the ignition and drive back to the Delado's, he heard a known voice.

“Don't forget to give it to Nat.”

Without a doubt, that voice belonged to no other person but Christopher Delado.