Chapter 50

The baffled king composing hallelujah

Hallelujah

Hallelujah

Hallelujah

Diana's sensational voice filled the beach as she sang to her heart's content—to welcome the bride who was being walked down the petal-lined aisle by her father. 

It was a classic beach wedding with a magnificent touch of culture from both couple's end.

Arrayed in her self-made satin gown; embellished with the ever colorful ayiyi, Natalia joined the love of her life at the altar. Her dress was in perfect unison with Christopher's enriched ivory suit. 

The bridesmaids and groomsmen took their respective places behind the couple, their blissful smiles mirroring that of the sweethearts

The ceremony was beautiful beyond norm, not in the sense of lavish decoration or any grandeur, but in the sharing of unfeigned joy and cooperation from loved ones

Seated at the far end of the row, Miles observed her. 

A myriad of thoughts rushed through his mind all at once as he revered the sight of the woman who had plagued his senses for months.

She looked stunningly beautiful in her African wear, elegant and more defined than ever. And he was darn proud of the independent woman she had become. 

He was confused about the rings on her finger though. Why would she hold onto it after everything that happened between them? 

She never wore it in any of her videos so why wear it now?

‘I want a church wedding.’

It might have been his conscience berating him or her sole wishful look during the function, but Miles felt the heaviest pang of guilt for stripping her off her heart's desire. 

Everything that was said or done at the ceremonial grounds from then on, was absorbed into complete oblivion until the applause of the crowd drew his attention back to the shore. Miles stood up with the rest of the mass as the newlyweds were congratulated and showered with well wishes.