Chapter 13-Accusations!

Morning Sun's rays and the thin layer of fog had covered the sky when hustle and bustle started at University. As it was 8 am, only those students there whose classes were going to start.

At that hour, Sahir entered the classroom with an expressionless face and stood behind the dais. He gave a glance at the classroom where second-semester students were sitting.

"Assalam o Alaikum, Class! Welcome to the new semester and new course. I have replaced your previous teacher as he has left the university. Hope so, we will have a nice journey ahead." He said to the class with a polite smile at which they all nodded their heads with enthusiasm.

Among those enthusiastic students, two were gazing at him with irritated and frustrated expressions.

While rummaging through the classroom, his gaze also stopped at them and his smile dropped.

Those two were that couple whom he insulted a few days before.

Sahir could feel hate in their orbs, and he could see a difficult journey with these two students.

Ignoring them, he again smiled at the class and started his lecture.

.........................

Later on, in his break time, he was strolling toward the cafe when his gaze fell upon Saba. She was sitting on the lawn and talking to a boy with a smile on her face. He knew that the boy was not her class fellow.

Curiosity and uncertainty took over him while he continued his steps toward the teacher's cafe.

He went into the washroom to wash his hands when he again saw Zahra standing beside him with a smirk. He was gazing at the mirror where Zahra was standing beside him.

While gazing at her reflection, his mind went toward a memory.

"So, would you love to marry a teacher?"

The scent of breakfast, animated conversation, and laughter of students were echoing in the background.

Zahra's smile dropped and the glint from her orbs vanished.

"First tell me what will be the financial situation of the teacher's wife."

Sahir became shocked at her question. It was an unexpected one.

"It depends on fate, Zahra. The profession is noble, and struggle is in a person's hand." He replied while the red alarm was blaring in his mind.

"Your thoughts are old-fashioned, Sahir." She replied with a pout at which shock took over Sahir's body.

That night, he kept on thinking about Zahra's words.

"I will do a side hustle to earn extra money." He murmured to himself, stood from his place, and opened his laptop.

The whole night, he kept on researching and planning about his side hustle. When

Fajar's azan resonated in the city, Sahir stood in his place with red but glinty orbs, and tired but enthusiastic expressions. A small and genuine smile etched on his face while his heart was full of hope.

"How are you, Mr Sahir?" His colleague came near him and he came back from the past. Zahra's reflection was nowhere to see at which he took a deep sigh.

Replying to his colleague, he turned around to leave that area.

After having lunch, he again went toward the lawn area where Saba was still sitting with the boy.

Instantly, they both dissolved and new faces emerged in place of them.

Sahir was sitting with Zahra with a plate of fries in between them. They both were mocking a teacher while laughing.