Chapter 22

Vlad stiffened at Dalys voice, but stayed calm.

Vlad, "She's not your wife yet, and I was just walking with her. Look, not even close enough to touch."

A few of the other students snicker at this.

"Don't antagonize him Vlad. Please. I'm not feeling well."

I whisper this to him but Daly had joined us by then and heard me. He turned to me full of concern.

Daly, "What's wrong? Did he hurt you?"

Vlad, insulted, "No I didn't hurt her. It's just her morning sickness."

Oh shit! I never told him that Daly didn't know yet. The looks on everyone's faces was almost comical. Daly grabs me by the elbow and pulls me down the hall. Vlad follows.

Daly, "You're pregnant? And you told HIM before me?"

He looked so hurt. I opened my mouth to reply but Vlad got in first.

Vlad, "Shit. No she didn't tell me anything. I followed her to the toilets to try to convince her to leave your ass when I heard her puking. She came out cradling her stomach. I put the puzzle pieces together."

Daly, "Why won't you stop trying to get between us. She's mine."

Vlad, sighing, "I know. I'd never get between a child and it's parent. I just want Lexi happy. If you make her happy then I'm happy just being her friend."

Daly, "Waiting for me to mess up so you can swoop in and take my woman?!"

Vlad, laughing lightly, "Of course. So make sure you don't mess up ok?!"

And with that he went to wait for the teacher. The science classes were always kept locked for safety reasons.

Daly turned and stared at me.

"What?"

Daly, "Are you going to tell me what that was about?"

"Yes, but later tonight. Not where we can be heard."

I turned to go back to class when Daly grabbed me again.

Daly, "Wait. Is it true? Are you pregnant?"

He sounded so hopeful. I shrugged.

"I don't know 100%, but I'm 2 weeks late and I'm nauseous alot. My boobs hurt too. I haven't been tested yet but if I go by what my body is telling me, then yes. I think I am pregnant."

Daly woops in happiness and swings me around in a circle. He turns with me wrapped in his arms and shouts down the corridor,

Daly, "I'M GOING TO BE A FATHER!!!!"

I felt my face turn bright red. What the fuck! I turn and slap his shoulder roughly.

"What the fuck Daly! Shut up!"

Daly, laughing, "No. This isn't something to be embarrassed about. It's fucking amazing. I can't wait for tomorrow. I get a wife and a child within 24 hours. I feel so fucking blessed right now!"

I can see and hear everyone in the halls whispering excitedly. Most smiling kindly at me or with humor at Dalys excitement.

Daly, "Let's go to the clinic and get you checked out before tomorrows service. Let's go now!"

I laugh at him and shake my head no.

"We have an exam to get through. I'm not missing it."

He grumbles good naturedly but follows me to class. He keeps running his hand over my stomach while the teacher is explaining about the dangers of our experiments today. Dalys head shoots up.