Part 37

Chapter 37

"The group list is here." Arvi said, handing them the charts. " Brooklyn's team is in our group." Tyson exclaimed. " That's good." Kai said back in his icy cold voice before he left leaving the papers behind. " what is this only one on one?" Max said, frowning. " yeah, only one player will be getting to play so we need to decide who will play with which team, loads of work coming up so it will be better if you guys buckle up." Arvi said as she sat with Kenny for going through the group teams to decide who will be getting whom. " Well yeah but I would like to be against Brooklyn, I am willing to see his face when I beat him, That jerk." Tyson said as he jumped in the air, "He is MINE, I don't care whom you guys play but leave him to me, I am sure he will be the one to play from his team with us for sure." Kai said as he came back tying his shoelaces up without looking at anyone as he left.

"What's up with him seriously?" Max said tilting his head a bit. " that Brooklyn guy really got on his nerves real quick." Ray said looking at Arvi to which she rubbed her temples. " It's fine, anyway we know Kai is going to win." he added, smiling gently at her. " let's just focus, here we have our first match tomorrow." Arvi said after a while, pretending as if nothing happened.

"That was a really great match, Ray." Tyson hyped as he slapped Ray's shoulder too hard making him lose his balance. " and now we are going to be on the top of our group." Max chirped excitedly, "We got our last match tomorrow, then we will make it to knockouts" Arvi said smiling. "Where is Kai?" Ray said as he looked around. " No idea!" Kenny said looking at Arvi. "Maybe he is practicing somewhere, let's go get you guys something to eat." Arvi said, pushing them ahead, " what's wrong between you two?" Ray whispered so that only Arvi could hear him "What?" Arvi asked, confused. "Don't pretend now, after that Brooklyn incident you guys are avoiding each other, did you guys have a fight? " Ray asked worried "No, everything is fine we are just busy with the championship nothing else." Arvi smiled at Ray to which he shook his head annoyed.

"Where were you ?" Arvi said, keeping the book aside as Kai came in, " did you eat something ?" she asked again as Kai ignored her. " yea.." he said as he moved forward to his bed. "Eat." she said as she took the packed food from her bag. "Stop looking at me like that, it's not like I have met you today so I won't know if you have had your food or not." She frowned to which he quietly took the box from her hand. " where were you ?" she asked again. " what's wrong with you and this silent treatment suddenly?" she said annoyed.

"Why? isn't that something you wanted?" He said, finally looking at her. "When did I say so?" she said, keeping her hands on her hips. " there are some things you don't need to say directly." Kai spoke merely as a whisper looking away making Arvi shake his head in disbelief. " You are unbelievable, anyway I just wanted to tell you, you were right Brooklyn is going to be the one against you tomorrow they just confirmed the name." She calmed herself. " you think I will lose to someone like him?" Kai said after a long pause " what ? when did I say that ?" Arvi said, glaring at him "Is he better than me ?" Kai asked as he looked at her, ignoring her question completely, " are you even listening to me ???" she said, finally losing her cool.